Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Besides the bell housing from JW, What else will be needed to make this mate happen? Is there a convertor bushing needed for this like I had to have with a th400 to a sbf? Thanks for the help fellas.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Either a flexplate or the converter built to spec for the application of LS motor to C4.. The converter setup may be an easier option as pointed out this is not a common setup

·
Registered
4,488 Posts
Very easy

TCI flex plate and UCC 1/2 chevy 1/2 ford converter. Call Lenny he did mine and it is working great.

Tim

·
Registered
602 Posts
You can always make custom pieces to work and adapt but do you really want to do all this just to run a C4? Just wondering.

Hutch

yep...... ;)

I really like the C4 trans. A tight small package. With a few beefy parts will take plenty of power. With the power levels LS motors are known to make, the C4 may be over powered.

My C4 in the 1962 Falcon I run has held up great for 3 yrs now.. of course there is only a mild angry 200 CID inline Ford 6 in front of it.

:yawinkle:

·
Registered
4,488 Posts
My c4 has a lifetime warranty and it was paid for. Would have cost a pile of $$ to switch to a 350. Trans, shifter mod, shield, bell, drivshaft.

Tim

1 - 10 of 10 Posts