Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So im just trying to diagnose this. I have a c4 with all good stuff, kevlar bands, Alto clutches etc. Trans works just fine in normal driving but if I roll into it in 3rd it feels like its slips for a second and catches. Its not tire spin, its leaving no marks when its slipping and then leaves the normal glazing marks when it catches.
Its only a high 9 second car right now and I only have 9 passes at the track on it although ive rodded on it on the street quite a bit. So the question is this, have I already gone through a set of clutches? I haven't had a c4 live long enough to experience this.

·
Registered
344 Posts
if you dont think its the converter flashing, drop the pan and see if clutch material is present or fluid starting to discolor. C4,s need good pressure.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Converter crossed my mind but I wouldn't think it would start flashing more out of the blue. Its a spragless PTC converter and its been in since Nov.Im using Hy-Gard for fluid and it looks fine.
I will probably drop the pan as you said just to see if theres anything out of the ordinary. In the past when ive dropped the pan there always seems to be some material at the bottom, just not sure how much would be too much.
I just havent had one only slip under power and work fine otherwise

1 - 3 of 3 Posts