Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a case fill 157 tooth C4 that I'm getting ready to pull out to do some updating on and figured it is time to put a good bell housing on why I am at it.

I have been avoiding it because everyone I know that has done it with a C4 has had fitment issues and you seem to read about issues online.

Anyone have any insight to one that fits like stock with out issue?

I have been looking att his one because they say it fits like stock but I would rather se what others have used with luck.

http://www.tciauto.com/whatsnew/Files/tcifordc4535almagbellhousing.pdf

·
Registered
4,488 Posts
The PA I had bolted right on no issues.

·
Registered
4,488 Posts
I would say that some guys are having issues with the converter not the bell.

******* sells spacers to fix their pos converters. It is not the bell

Tim

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks again, that is the one I have been eyeballing, it looks like it givwes extra room for everything also by shrinking the bell housing down?

·
Registered
871 Posts
bump from the dead. Does the quick time really give that much extra room? The top bolts and the bolt for the dip stick are hard as hell to get to, have to almost fish them through with a long extension and u-joint.

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I ended up going with the JW based off the fact I could buy it local. I still wish I would of tried the QT one but price difference is HUGE between the two and I have seen the JW fit first hand. Been thinking of selling this JW still though so IDK...

·
Registered
298 Posts
Nothing wrong with the JW, is it for 157or 164. The 164 bells I have had, stock or sfi are deeper, when I switched to the 157 I added a 1 inch spacer between the drive shaft and the rearend.I know some people dont but I didnt like how much of the yoke was out of the tranny. Then I slotted the k member where the bolts on the mounts are about 1/2 to 3/4 of a inch took the spacer out.Mike

·
Registered
871 Posts
Does the quicktime make it easier to get to the bellhousing bolts? I have trouble getting the top two and the one for the dip stick. I'm doing this on my back as well lol

·
Registered
845 Posts
The quicktime bell is so easy to work around it isn't funny. I'll post a picture of the bell when I get home tonight.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Thanks Rhecox

·
Registered
4,488 Posts
I put 12 point bolts in the top holes and use a ratcheting wrench. About 5 times easier and faster.

Tim

·
Registered
871 Posts
Hard to get back there being EFI Pictures of your setup and room?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts