Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Forward planetary hub in c4 broke and lost all forward gears. I am looking at tci's planetary kit and hardened shaft with 24 and 26 splines. The hub and drums in the trans all say ford on them. It has a transbrake rev man valve body and tci servo and kevlar bands. Any info is appreciated

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It has kevlar bands and im guessing good clutches also. I was thinking of buying the kit but the trans was in a 408 windsor car leaving on the transbrake for about 2 years before i got so i was also wondering if i could have just finished it off. Is the tci stuff good? The trans was working flawlessly when it broke the hub and fluid looked great also.

·
Super Moderator
19,413 Posts
The 6 pinion planets are a nice upgrade. There are several vendors for that part including TCI. If everything else looks good , thats all you should need.

Hutch

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
the 26 refers to the larger shaft but it has 24 splines in the drum end. Don't think there is a 26 spline in the drum end anywhere.

Hutch

I know they made them, because mine had it from the factory. If I recall it was available for a few years, around 1970. I know I've seen where the shafts were available in 24/24, 24/26, and 26/26 splines. I don't know for certain, I just thought that the 26 spline would have been one of the upgrades being performed.

Mike

·
Registered
189 Posts
26/26 is 1970 only a good 26/24 will get the job done ,87cpe give us a call 203-589-3306 dynamic in CT we have everything in stock and have a FULL rollar 6 pinnion with a 3piece bearing on the load side of the pinnions

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Found out that tci's forward clutch hub is a stock replacement. Not aftermarket like i thought. Im gonna check into dynamics stuff. Thanks for the help

1 - 19 of 19 Posts