Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
RIDIN' DA SHORT BUS
19,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just put together a C4. Bought the two drums assembled with clutches in them along with reverse manual valve body. Just getting the car running with turbo so it was not tuned yet....so I just made a few 3/4 throttle hits on the street in the process of tuning the EFI system. Trans seemed okay......parked it, made a few laptop mods, cranked it and backed up fine......then put in 1st and had no forward gears at all. Pulled the trans and found the bellville piston return spring busted in the FWD drum......replace it along with the clutches and put it all back together......Now on the jack when shift from 1 to 2 the mph makes a sharp drop instead of going UP.....but the motor stays loaded, it's not like neutral.....shift to 3rd and the mph jumps back up to where you'd expect it to be........I figured I'd put it on the ground and see what it actually did on the road and the freakin thing ran out of gas.......BUT no need to go for a drive......I got a huge puddle under the car......pissed right now so I'm leaving it set for the night, but I can only assume the fluid was blown out the vent. It MAY be a bit over full but that would not explain my 2nd issues....besides it was doing the second thing before I added the fluid the last time......

What gives with the "bind" in second?????

·
Registered
883 Posts
What line pressure do you have? To flip the beleville spring you better check.. On the bind up,does that valvebody have engine braking in 1st gear? i.e uses the rear band in "1". . What are the band adjustments set at ?

·
RIDIN' DA SHORT BUS
19,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have not installed gauge yet to ck line pressure.

Bands are at 1 3/4 out on front 3 out on rear.

No engine braking in 1st.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts