Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have performance automatic c4 that has about a inch play with the drive shaft in.I was told it was the bushing in the shaft.I am trying to fix it without having to pull the transmission out of the car.I was told you can get a special tool to take it out.I was wondering what all it would involve because I dont want to tear apart something I cant fix.

·
Registered
602 Posts
These tools reached inside the bushing and caught the busing edge on the inner side... then you tightened a threaded rod that pulled the bushing out.. I have the tools around some where. Have not used them in years.

You can not remove the tail housing of the trans in the car?

·
Registered
936 Posts
That tool is like $40 maybe more. Just jack the rear of the car up high, then support the trans with a 2nd jack, pull the tail housing, beat it out with a long screw driver. Be sure inspect the OP shaft for any other signs that might make it floppy :)

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If I take off the rear housing there isnt a bunch of stuff that is going to come out is it? I just dont want to take it apart and and freak out if a bunch of shit falls out.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
If I take off the rear housing there isnt a bunch of stuff that is going to come out is it? I just dont want to take it apart and and freak out if a bunch of shit falls out.
No, nothing will fall out......:rolleyes:

But an inch of play???? Hope thats an error......

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for all of the input.I am going to take it to my friends garage tomorrow and try and fix it. I will update the thread tomorrow and let you guys know what happened.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well I think I got the car fixed i will try it out in a couple of weeks to see.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts