Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'M NEEDING SOME INPUT HAVE A C4 ON TWO STAGES OF NOS , THE QUESTION IS THINKING TO GO TO GLIDE BUT I'VE BEEN TOLD MY CAR TO HEAVY AT 3300 POUNDS . IS THIS TRUE ? THANKS

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
I'm thinking more info will be needed like track et, speed, and 60ft times.

Even with 2 stages, if the powers not there, the glide can slow you down, as you may need the extra gear. Now if your having to limit what you leave on, then the glide may help, and allow you leave harder due to the difference in gearing. If your just affraid the c4 is not stronge enough for the wieght, there is always the 400 if you need the extra gear.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK. AS FOR THE ET 6.90 ON MOTOR 100 MPH AND 60FT TIMES RANGE FROM 1.43 TO 1.80 MOTOR MADE 605 ON DYNO BEEN HAVING ALOT OF PROBLEMS WITH THIS SETUP WITH THE C4 THE TRACK I GO TO DONT PREP VERY WELL , ALSO RUNNING A 28- 11.5 - 15 TIRE LEAF SPRING CAR ON CAL TRACS THIS IS ALOT HARDER THAN I THOUGHT , CAN'T JUST ORDER PARTS SINCE IT'S A PINTO

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
OK. ALSO RUNNING A 28- 11.5 - 15 TIRE LEAF SPRING CAR ON CAL TRACS THIS IS ALOT HARDER THAN I THOUGHT , CAN'T JUST ORDER PARTS SINCE IT'S A PINTO
With that size tire, what gear, and is the pinto mini tubed? were the leafs relocated. I know what you mean about ordering parts, my last car was a Mustang II, so it had the same issues.

At the level your at, you could go either way. you'll get votes for both. If you plan to run a lot of nitrous, the PG would probably be more forgiving.

However, if the track/traction is poor, neither trans will help.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
FIRST TIME BACK ON THIS FORM , LIGHTING STRUCK A TREE AT MY HOUSE BLEW THE MAIN GAS LINE AND FRIED A BUNCH OF SHIT AS FOR MY COMBO NOW PLANNING GOING TO BIGGER CUBES AND STUBBING FRONT END CAR IS MINI TUBBED AND SPRING ARE IN STOCK LOCATION , JUST STARTED OUT TO BE A CRUZIER WITH A V8 THEN THE GO FASTER BUG HIT ME

·
Registered
877 Posts
Most recent c4 vs glide for me was a 434 windsor in a 5.0 mustang . The glide was about a tenth slower on motor. No results on 200 shot car didnt have NOS when c4 was in. Same stall with both trans 5.13 rear gear for 1/8 mile. With less rear gear car will be more sensitive to a tight converter and vica versa. Putting a glide in and going faster will probably be fixing a chassis or tuning problem with less ratio in trans. In most heads-up racing sanctions glides get weight breaks over 3 speeds.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Most recent c4 vs glide for me was a 434 windsor in a 5.0 mustang . The glide was about a tenth slower on motor. No results on 200 shot car didnt have NOS when c4 was in. Same stall with both trans 5.13 rear gear for 1/8 mile. With less rear gear car will be more sensitive to a tight converter and vica versa. Putting a glide in and going faster will probably be fixing a chassis or tuning problem with less ratio in trans. In most heads-up racing sanctions glides get weight breaks over 3 speeds.
GOING TO THE SAME CUBES YOU HAD . REAR GEAR IS A 456 AND I CROSS THE TRAPS @ 7000 WITH THE C4 AND IT HAS 4800 STALL

·
Billy438Stroker
5,634 Posts
I agree with Hutch, i would go with a C4 :p
Just kidding, i know hutch knows his stuff on the chevy trans so i never get involved in a trans i know nothing about..His advice would be best..

·
Registered
9,018 Posts
I'm a Ford guy and I'm a C-4 guy (been building them since 1975), put a glide in it. My buddy has a 79 stang 590hp 373 sbf with 8lbs boost. He hurt his C-4 (his fault) a WELL BUILT C-4 and convertor was going to be over 3K. I found a well built used glide out of a 7 sec car for $650. He spent the big $ on a good convertor and got it in the car for a little over 2K. It has 60ied and done the 1/4 the same as the C-4.
Buy a good convertor from a good company for YOUR combo and the glide will work well.

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
This is an informative thread so far but heres a question for ya'll.

At what power level, generally, do you start suggesting to go with a glide over a c4 ?

Say a car weighing 3000lbs with around 450hp racing 1/8th. Is a glide going to work well ?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts