Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a redneck case fill c4 in my car with a redneck 9.5" converter. The c4 has developed a leak that I cannot find. It doesn't leak while sitting, however it will start dripping pretty heavily after the car is running for about 10 mins and starting to warm up.
The leak is coming from the front of the trans, the best I can tell it seems to be coming from where pump bolts to the case.
I have pulled the trans out of the car at this point but still don't see anything obvious? Any common things with the c4 that I should look at? When I do find the leak, Is there a way to bench test this thing to make sure its sealed up before I put it back in?

My other question is the converter, now that the trans is out the converter snout is stuck in the crank, i've pried on it with no luck. I am able to spin the converter by hitting the mounting pads but I cannot get it out of the crank any suggestions on how to get it out without destroying the converter and or flywheel?

·
Registered
4,488 Posts
Pump gasket. PA makes a thick gasket to fix that problem.

The conveter prob needs to have the snout debured with emrey cloth once you get it out.

Tim

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pump gasket. PA makes a thick gasket to fix that problem.

The conveter prob needs to have the snout debured with emrey cloth once you get it out.

Tim
Thanks for your help, I'll look into the PA gasket. Is there anything special to pay attention to when removing the pump to replace the gasket?

If anyone else has any ideas about how to remove the converter from the crank I'd love to hear them, i've tried pry bars, I'm about ready to break out the BFH :smt071

·
Registered
369 Posts
Stand the tranny up on it's tail or tighten down the bands so the guts don't fall out while you remove the pump.

I usually have a friend help me stand it up in bucket or trash can because no matter how much you drained the pan, more fluid is going to leak out the trail housing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts