Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When Art Carr was still in business they had a forward drum that had the center bored out and a steel center pressed in to replace the cast iron splines. I put this setup in a couple of trannys and it looked pretty good, although I have not seen them again yet. The problem I am having with the stock splines is the way the aftermarket input shaft splines are cut (tapered at the end) and it is eroding the cast splines in the front end of the forward drum.
I have the kidney voids brazed up so they are not stripping or splitting yet, but if the splines get short enough it will or allow the input to rub the output and make debris.
Anybody still got this fix?

Thanks , John

·
Registered
881 Posts
Not tried the pressed sleeve .. Have seen TCI do one .I got some rings made but not got around to fitting to a drum.. Or have you seen the billet forward drums? Hutch has them listed on his site.

·
Registered
503 Posts
If your having clearance problems with your input and output shafts you can use two metal factory thrust washer under your parking gear and the output will be pulled back 69 thousands or so.,,ED

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Great ideas everyone. Punkin, already done that one, did not want the shaft to migrate further through the drum.

Thank you all, John

·
Registered
503 Posts
My home welded input and drum been going 1.26 60ft at 3100 lbs and has held up fine. Shaft wont move forward I bet;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts