Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im useing a converter I got from a friend. Not sure the make or specs but in my car it will only footbreak to about about 2500 but flashs about 6k. on the 1-2 drop if falls to about 6200 and I shift at 7k and the same with the 2-3 drop. I know the converter is all wrong anyone got any recomendations for a good C4 turbo converter.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Footbrake can so misleading. If it flashes to 6,000 and drops 800 on the shift, if the slippage isn't too bad, I would say the converter is close. What size converter is it and is it spragless?

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'd say the slippage Is bad because with 3.27's and a 28" tire it runs out of gear fast. Car is mild 500-600 horsepower car.

·
Registered
662 Posts
What rpm does it go across the finish line at?

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know Nothing about the converter except its a tci and I belive its a 10".

·
Registered
662 Posts
I sell their units so if you can give me the part number off the converter and give me your combo, I will try to give an educated guess on what I think you need. Thanks

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok I'd have to pull it out probably but its coming out soon. It crosses the 8th mile at the top of second around 6900. I just don't think the car should turn 6k a whole run shouldnt the converter flash like 4500-5000 and pull to 7k?

·
Registered
662 Posts
Without having the part number, it's hard to say if it's the best for your application but it sounds like it may be close. I don't think that it's a 10" at that kind of rpm stall.

On other applications, I have blower customers that shift at 8,500-8,800 and the converter flashes about 7,000. The turbo combos are different but the theory is the same. If you could find that part number, we could get a better idea.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts