Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to know from someone who has actually tune nitrous with a set of yates heads. How much timing should we pull as a start, with 30 jets on a fogger E3 nozzle. We have the timing @ 26 initial. We've had several bad nitrous back fires through the carb.
The motor is a 9.2 deck 427, 14.1 comp. using VP n2o fuel, NGK 10 plug. This damn thing is sensitive on the tune. The last back fire nearly blew the hood off. Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
10,234 Posts
I'd like to know from someone who has actually tune nitrous with a set of yates heads. How much timing should we pull as a start, with 30 jets on a fogger E3 nozzle. We have the timing @ 26 initial. We've had several bad nitrous back fires through the carb.
The motor is a 9.2 deck 427, 14.1 comp. using VP n2o fuel, NGK 10 plug. This damn thing is sensitive on the tune. The last back fire nearly blew the hood off. Thanks for the help!
should be able to run anywhere from 16* to near 20* with a 30jet. if itsreal sensitive, might have to tight a quench

·
Registered
4,438 Posts
Can you run a thicker gasket ? I went from .040 to .072 and tuneup is a lot happier. Whats the fp set on ? Have you verified the retard drop ?

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for reply! They are 42cc chamber off a nacar truck. We are using a 1200 SVI carb. What can be done about the quench?

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Can you run a thicker gasket ? I went from .040 to .072 and tuneup is a lot happier. Whats the fp set on ? Have you verified the retard drop ?
The piston have a dish & he used the thickest copper gasket,to try'n get the comp down. Did you change plugs every pass, that seems to be some of the issue to me?

·
Registered
10,234 Posts
what is " the thickest copper gasket" how thick is that? is engine 0 decked, or piston + or - the deck?

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If you arent familiar with the C3 I would recommend to back that nitrous jet off some and regroup..
I agree with you on this one, I'm trying to help a friend with his car. This thing is not nitrous friendly. It's been kicking our ass!

·
Registered
7,748 Posts
That's why I went with the TFS R outlaw head. Those Yates heads are to much sugar for a dime.

·
Registered
8,823 Posts
At 42cc you will need to be alittle more careful.. @ 6psi (not knowing the jet spread) I would assume a .030 is prolly rich..

I would back up and make sure the engine is clean on the carb before applying nitrous.. I would say if you are changing plugs that soon you arent far from lifting ring lands...

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
What is considered safe for quench ? I think I read on here around .030,is that about right?

·
Registered
10,234 Posts
What is considered safe for quench ? I think I read on here around .030,is that about right?
way too tight.

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
Is the problem with being too tight the piston expanding more on nitrous reducing the clearance to the head or a combustion issue?

1 - 20 of 37 Posts