Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am doing a 410" motor windsor block and the c302b heads.As far as head gaskets do i need to use an svo gasket i have a 4.100 bore now and it fits the comp chamber every where but around the intake and exhast valves.I know the svo gaskets are not round bore and have the valve relaifs in then any help from people that have used the heads would be greatly appreated.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Yeap, SVO are the gaskets you will need to run. You should also chamfer the cylinders at the deck to match the combustion chamber, if it is need?

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not all are 4.180 they make svo gaskets in many bore sizes also.I figured that is what it would take.the heads have just had the chambers worked on i already chk for clearnce issues on the 4.040 bore and they are none thanks for the input.

·
Registered
8,823 Posts
I have built a few engines with these heads and what I mean is from valve cutout to cutout (no matter the bore size of the round bore) the opening was 4.180.. Even with some gaskets that where only a .040 overbore.. Hope this helps..

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i UNDER STAND.I HAVE BULIT SERVAL C-3 MOTORS BUT THE VALVE ANGLES ARE DIFFRENT HERE I HAVE A 4.155 ROUND BORE AND IT FITS FINE JUST LOOKING FOR EVERY BIT OF COMP BEING THE CAMBERS AND BEEN RE WORKED AND I HAVE FLAT TOPS.BUT ITS REALLY GETTING INTO SPLITTING HAIRS NOW THANKS FOR THE INPUT.jUST OUT OF COURESITY WHAT KINDA TIMES OR POWER AND THE COMBO DID YOU DO WITH THE HEADS?

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think you need to suck it.If i want shit out of you i will just squease your face.:peeing:butthead:

·
Registered
25,667 Posts
3 horsepower is ideal with those heads. with high output turbos hp should rise to outstanding numbers in the low 2 digit level.

·
Registered
657 Posts
I think you need to suck it.If i want shit out of you i will just squease your face.:peeing:butthead:
You can be replaced.:smt030 Troy is just waiting for the opportunity.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Where do i turn in my notice?

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey "CAPTAIN", I think you need to hit the caps lock button.
JUST A LITTLE SIDE NOTE FIX THE CAPS LOCK KEY ON YOUR HOME COMPUTER I THINK IT STICKS A LITTLE.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Where do i turn in my notice?
No need to turn in any notice, Captain red eye, we are done indefinitely. Selling off the engine parts and taking a break. Crank is already gone.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts