Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the process of building a new car and plan on ditching the A2W and c16 and run non-intercooled M1. Will the fuel change require a camshaft change in a max effort setup? I'm building a new motor so different cams are in the works regardless. Just curious if the fuel change will require some different specs. If so what changes will need to be made?

·
Registered
5,582 Posts
In my experience no as long as the heads and the rest of the combo are up to the task. I would encourage you to run a head that has a very good flowing exhaust port. On a max effort combo I am willing to trade a bit of intake port flow to get a better exhaust port. Everyone is so obsessed with super high intake flow that the exhaust is forgotten about and basically neglected. It don't make a damn how much you can get in the cylinder if you can't get it out. A head that flows 450cfm+ on intake and below 300cfm on the exhaust is not a good turbo head IMHO. You can't cheat the cam as much on a turbo engine as you can a supercharged combo. The pressurized exhaust on a turbo engine can get you in trouble with excessive reversion much easier than other power adders. Post or PM me some details and I'll be happy to take a look at it for you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts