Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are the pros and cons if I switch from 16 to 23?? Sb NOS motor. What’s the determining factor of going up to 23?

·
Registered
767 Posts
C16 not even designed for na or nitrous environment.Do a little research and you will find far superior fuel for nitrous use.

·
Registered
643 Posts
C16 not even designed for na or nitrous environment.Do a little research and you will find far superior fuel for nitrous use.
From VP:

PRODUCT DESCRIPTION
Established a performance standard that still exists today for use in turbocharged engines, supercharged engines and nitrous applications with CRs up to 17:1. C16 is one of VP’s most popular blends.

·
Registered
4,675 Posts
Lots of racers use C16 just for the high octane rating. But it is a heavy specific gravity blend with minimum light ends that help start the combustion on N/A engines. It also is good where high temperatures are unavoidable like supercharged or turbocharge engines. That won't help N/A Engines either. JMO.

·
Registered
767 Posts
From VP:

PRODUCT DESCRIPTION
Established a performance standard that still exists today for use in turbocharged engines, supercharged engines and nitrous applications with CRs up to 17:1. C16 is one of VP’s most popular blends.
U can use for nitrous if you want but look at all specifics on it.Designed for high heat apps.Pretty much opposite of nitrous environment.I look for ways to put heat back in on big nitrous hits.But each their own.

·
Registered
767 Posts
Lots of racers use C16 just for the high octane rating. But it is a heavy specific gravity blend with minimum light ends that help start the combustion on N/A engines. It also is good where high temperatures are unavoidable like supercharged or turbocharge engines. That won't help N/A Engines either. JMO.
bingo you get it .

·
Super Moderator
12,128 Posts
What are the pros and cons if I switch from 16 to 23?? Sb NOS motor. What’s the determining factor of going up to 23?
To me it depends how hard you are spraying it, are you looking for max power like class racing and so on. Regardless of what's said C 16 is still the most commonly used nitrous fuel in the game.. Not saying it's right or wrong, just very common.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts