Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have upgraded to the XFI 2.0 and took the XFI 101 class in Plano at the first of June. During the class we touched on the boost controller feature and I going to give it a try. I would like some information on a C02 Boost controllers. My number one question is at what bottle pressure does the controllers operate? Secondly, who offers the best bottle and regulator kit? Of course, just like everyone else I have a budget to follow. So please give me any ideas that you guys may have.

·
Drag Week Survivor
14,409 Posts
Biondo, RacePartsolutions, Jegs, all have bottles and regulators. I use a 2.5lb bottle, the 10oz bottle just didn't last very long.

I use an ams-1000, line pressure is regulated to 40 psi, but i have read 80-125 will work fine. I put 24-28 psi to the top of my gate, so i leave it at 40 psi incase a solenoid sticks, my combo may survive 40 psi, I doubt it would survive 100 psi.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the information. How long is not very long with the 10oz? So, as long as I set the line pressure above my set boost level I should not have any problems. I just need to make sure and not set it to high incase of failure that I dont overboost and kill the motor.

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
I got my 5lb bottle (purchase bottle as filled) regulator and some fittings all for 150$ at my local welding supply house
It's not as fancy as some of the other ones but it works perfect

1 - 4 of 4 Posts