Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it customary for a carb to be 6 weeks in repair? This is the first time I ever sent a carb out for diagnoses and repair and If I knew it would have been such a long time I think i would have just went EFI. I called this morning and the lady does not know how much long it might be. Maybe 6 more weeks??????

Steve

·
Registered
4,490 Posts
Hard to say what the backlog is this time of year. You could ask for Roger specifically when you call.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I talked to Roger before I sent it and he said there was a 6 day backlog. I figured if it was a couple weeks that ain't too bad but now I starting to feel like I'm being taken advantage of. I made about 4 progress phone calls so not like I'm constantly calling and pissing them off.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Roger is a very nice guy. unfortunately he needs help running his carb shop. I have seen a lot of delays like this for many years. I think it would be better for him to just say your fucked for 3 weeks. I was promised a 1 week turn around in his shop. I saw the carb 3 weeks later. Of course it stilled had idle issues. When I talked to him on the phone he sent some air bleeds for the carb that were the wrong parts for my carb. This is all after he "used his flow bench to dial in my combination to my engine".. Sorry for the luck.

·
Registered
400 Posts
I sent my carb in jan 18, I called to see what the lead time was, I was told 2-3 weeks, I called 3 weeks ago to see what the progress report was, I was told carb as done just needed to be flowed on the flow bench ( I wanted it flowed due to being on a different combination, yes I know his flow bench is a joke, I know this from another carb build) I called back this Wednesday I was told the same thing, carb is done just needs to be flowed, I told them to cancel the flow and send it to me, sorry your having the same problem as me, good luck to you

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I sent my carb in jan 18, I called to see what the lead time was, I was told 2-3 weeks, I called 3 weeks ago to see what the progress report was, I was told carb as done just needed to be flowed on the flow bench ( I wanted it flowed due to being on a different combination, yes I know his flow bench is a joke, I know this from another carb build) I called back this Wednesday I was told the same thing, carb is done just needs to be flowed, I told them to cancel the flow and send it to me, sorry your having the same problem as me, good luck to you[/QUOTe

If C&S continues to do business like this they need to start figuring out another line of business as I don't see how this one can survive. The lady told me they only work 4 - 10 hour days...well there are 3 more 10 hour days left in the week to get out of a crunch. I do that in my business and NEVER treat my customers this way! We will work 8-14 hour days 7 days a week to prevent this. SMH

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Talked to Roger today and it looks like tomorrow the carb ships out. Now lets see if it will work!!!!!!

·
MFI on CH3OH
14,290 Posts
Dont feel too bad, my cousin sent his carb back from here in Australia to be tweaked and checked over in December last year. Every time he calls they say it will ship tommorrow..... same excuse day after day.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Called today and supposed to ship out tomorrow...........again. This company will force me buy an EFI system. If I bolt it on and it does not work, it will be for sale and I will go efi as I will not wait this long everytime for them to look at my carb. I hate to say this because I do like carbs. The car has been ready to go since January but............here I am waiting. Ross turned over custom pistons for this car faster!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts