Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys I have a c-4 that was originally a Lupo trans the good one they sell. It has been rebuilt many times by myself and as of late it is eating the clutches out on a regular basis. It is in a 3200# nos mustang that runs low 9s high 8s and I know something is wrong but cant figure it out. I have the right clearance in the clutch pack and it has 5 frictions. I have heard soomething about drilling holes in the drum to get the fluid out, would this help? How to go about this? I have also had some say that they got rid of the tbrake valve body and just went with a reverse manual and the clutch problems went away? It is a Lupo brake and whatever servos that came with it. Any help on this would be great. Thanks Damon................. PS I dont have the $ for a glide that I know I need.

·
Super Moderator
19,732 Posts
Im assuming that you are melting down the direct clutch pack. There is a bleed hole in the piston that seals against the bottom steel. Try notching the apply piston at the hole so that the steel cannot shut off the leak when it applies and see what that does.

Hutch

1 - 5 of 5 Posts