Yellow Bullet Forums banner

C-16 vs MS109

4K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  stevieturbo 
#1 ·
555" BBC, less than 20 PSI boost...non intercooled...but do have Snow injection. Uses Holley EFI. Traps in 8000 RPM range. Street car with small turbos.

I ran MS109 originally and it ran well...trapped 162 MPH. Really liked a little extra timing and plugs looked great.

I've run C-16 the last couple of times at the track...but it doesn't seem to make the top end power of the MS109 maybe? I've played with mixture and timing to ensure tune works.

Is it possible I'm not "working" the C-16 enough with my lower boost levels?

Thoughts?

Thanks,

JIM

#2 ·
555" BBC, less than 20 PSI boost...non intercooled...but do have Snow injection. Uses Holley EFI. Traps in 8000 RPM range. Street car with small turbos.

I ran MS109 originally and it ran well...trapped 162 MPH. Really liked a little extra timing and plugs looked great.

I've run C-16 the last couple of times at the track...but it doesn't seem to make the top end power of the MS109 maybe? I've played with mixture and timing to ensure tune works.

Is it possible I'm not "working" the C-16 enough with my lower boost levels?

Thoughts?

Thanks,

JIM
Hi Jim,

Hope you are doing well!

What compression on your 555 BBC?

MS109 is oxygenated and C16 is not. VP rates MS109 good up to 25 psi boost. If you want a little more protection that MS109, but want to stay with an oxygenated fuel for the most power, VP113 REG or Q16 REG would be the best bets. Both of the "REG" fuels contain MTBE. The VP113 REG is about half the oxygen content compared to MS109 and Q16 REG.

Curious where you are getting your VP fuel?

Jason G.

#3 ·
It's 9.0 compression. I might have gone a little overboard and decided to try the C-16. Just doesn't seem to make the power. Plugs look good etc though. C16 seems awful cold natured too...takes a while to warm up and harder to start. Not terrible or anything...just trends I noticed. I've got some MS109 I can try next time out to see if it comes back around.

I got the VP at Reeder Distributors in Ft Worth.

JIM

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.