Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how much difference in tune is there between the 2 fuel's? Im looking from going from c16 to c-23 - 14:1 434 sbf with c-3's
Is there a jet change needed or timing increase?

·
THE BBK
1,215 Posts
With my old 427ci C3 headed motor. We made the switch from C16 to C23 both with .034 jets and did not see alot of change in the tune up. The only thing we saw was the motor slowed down a little untill we put some more timing back in to the motor. If I were you I would leave everything the same( If your tuneup is close now) and make a hit and see what the plug looks like. If the tune up looks close and plugs dont show alot of heat. I would put a degree of timing back in it and see what the time slip says

·
Registered
8,135 Posts
With my old 427ci C3 headed motor. We made the switch from C16 to C23 both with .034 jets and did not see alot of change in the tune up. The only thing we saw was the motor slowed down a little untill we put some more timing back in to the motor. If I were you I would leave everything the same( If your tuneup is close now) and make a hit and see what the plug looks like. If the tune up looks close and plugs dont show alot of heat. I would put a degree of timing back in it and see what the time slip says
Same for us.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Thanks, looking to start to use it but wanted to know how close the tune would be

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Fuel gravity is lighter .708 c23 vs .733 c16 in mine to keep the plugs looking the same I had to add a 1/4 lbs on the first stage

1 - 5 of 5 Posts