Yellow Bullet Forums banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
What compressor sizes are available for this chassis? I only saw the 95.25mm compressor listed in the BW catalog.

Regards,
Justin
From the factory they are avialable from 87mm to 95mm. Only problem is some of them are HUGE and use the dumb CAT covers and Generator covers that have bolt down discharges. Also they are about dang near impossbile to get since they are not built in the USA.

·
Registered
4,302 Posts
I'll wait until I see some track #'s before I form an opinion. Still waiting on someone in EZ Street or SSO to run a S95 variant against the PT or Turbonetics stuff to see what happens.
you won't see a BW turbo in SSO unless the high and mighty NMRA "approve" it, and trying to get them to change rules or allow a new power adder is like pulling teeth...from satan's mouth!

I personally would love to see a BW Bullseye turbo run against PT and Turbonetics in SSO. Everyone is always looking for something more and IMO, they're getting fed what the companies want them to eat. I believe that there is more to be had from smaller units but they nobody wants to explore new technology. Instead they just continue to mix and match components so we can have "the latest and greatest" The latest trend of billet wheels is a step in the right.

ok...I'll get of the soap box now...

·
Registered
63 Posts
Tuned this car yesterday - 430ci Mustang, ORSCA EZ street car...had a T106 on it last year. Ed took that off and put the BW S595 on.

The BW runs were at 15psi (gate) the T106 was at 21psi (CO2) No other changes besides switching to a 16v battery setup.

Ed will be testing it at the track this weekend to see what it does...we think it will be faster. Thoughts?
So which makes more hp borg or precision. And can u upgrade a borg S595 for more power? If yes how much thx? Or should I sell mine a just buy a PT106? Thx

·
Registered
63 Posts
i like it when people compare borg warner units to other in terms of inducer measurement only. Yes I have plenty of experience with borg warner units. In fact I have been using them since 1999

You want to see the real difference.

Measure the exducer of the compressor of the schwitzer compared to that of the turbo your comparing it to.

Measure the turbine wheel and the ar it sits in.

I love the schwitzer turbos....Borg warner turbos are probably in my opinion the best engineered standard bearing turbos available today.!!!
How much hp do S595 support? And can it be upgrade t support more? Or should I sell it and buy a PT106. Going on a 526 Bbc drag race only!! Thx

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
How much hp do S595 support? And can it be upgrade t support more? Or should I sell it and buy a PT106. Going on a 526 Bbc drag race only!! Thx
Sell that 595 and get the g trim precision 106 or larger
You’ll have bad backpressure issues with the borg

41 - 48 of 48 Posts