Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tuned this car yesterday - 430ci Mustang, ORSCA EZ street car...had a T106 on it last year. Ed took that off and put the BW S595 on.

The BW runs were at 15psi (gate) the T106 was at 21psi (CO2) No other changes besides switching to a 16v battery setup.

Ed will be testing it at the track this weekend to see what it does...we think it will be faster. Thoughts?

·
الكتاب ا
6,697 Posts
Either one should be capable of more than 1130hp. Why only 15psi and 21psi???

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just getting the car dialed in on the wastegate. It runs more boost at the track, we will turn on the C02 and AMS on saturday and creep into the boost.

·
Tony McKellar
4,812 Posts
Got any video of this car?

·
الكتاب ا
6,697 Posts
I have a feeling those graphs would look very different in the range of, say... 35 psi. Got any max-effort numbers?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Was the convertor changed from the 106 to the S95 tests? That really doesn't add up, 430 cubes + 21psi /106mm = 1130rwhp? Even for a dyno dynamics that is really off... sounds like alot more to the story than a simple dyno sheet.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am not 100% sure but I do think the converter has been changed. This isn't a BW ad - just posting the differences.

The 106 went 7.92 @ 180 in Orlando - so, it worked well...just posting the info we saw on the dyno.

·
Registered
4,735 Posts
What size turbine housings were on both turbo's?

Would you say that the A/R is a good reflective comparision of the turbine housings between the two?

Bottom line, if the 106 had a 1.0 A/R is may have been to small and the back pressure could have been chocking the motor, or the turbine too large and it wasn't spinning up as much, at least at these low boost numbers.

Its funny how a turbine housing that seems too big low boost can seem just right when the boost goes into the 35-40psi range . . . .

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I don't remember the turbine housing sizes on both turbos (I have a rough idea) but they were similar. I can get you that info over the weekend tho.

·
Registered
4,735 Posts
Of course the bottom line here is that the 94mm B/W is EZ Street legal this year and the 106mm is not.

Will be interesting to hear some mph vs. boost numbers once he gets it to the track.

What was his previous best mph and what was the boost in the traps with the 106?

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
What size turbine housings were on both turbo's?

Would you say that the A/R is a good reflective comparision of the turbine housings between the two?

Bottom line, if the 106 had a 1.0 A/R is may have been to small and the back pressure could have been chocking the motor, or the turbine too large and it wasn't spinning up as much, at least at these low boost numbers.

Its funny how a turbine housing that seems too big low boost can seem just right when the boost goes into the 35-40psi range . . . .
X2!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
Of course the bottom line here is that the 94mm B/W is EZ Street legal this year and the 106mm is not.

Will be interesting to hear some mph vs. boost numbers once he gets it to the track.

What was his previous best mph and what was the boost in the traps with the 106?
Unless its bushed or cut its not. The inducer diameter is 95.3mm.

Nice comparison...

·
Registered
690 Posts
something looks odd.....like it was loaded differently at the beginning of each run or something.

just for the hell of it here is a journal bearing 67mm bullseye power (borg warner) turbo vs. a ball bearing 70mm garrett turbo......both on spring pressure (yea its a 4 cylinder i know you guys can do this with a charge pipe taken off:cool:)

absolutely no changes other than the turbo. stock cylinder head is why the power dropps off up top.

here is the s368 with the boost in the mid/upper 30's (bad wheel spin up top as you can see on the graph)

here is the 42r at the same boost level

looking through some dataloggs after the dyno of the s368 i started to notice the spool up was a little slower later in the session than the beginning.....had the customer check for a boost leak and sure enough one developed during the dyno session...so it may have made a little more power up top (blow off valve flange cracked)

·
Registered
4,121 Posts
Here's how my test went.

106mm at 34# of boost. 5.12 at 148mph

94mm at 24# of boost. 5.05 at 147. There was issues with the combo so the 106 wasn't working like it should. Both Precision turbo's.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Here's how my test went.

94mm at 24# of boost. 5.05 at 147. There was issues with the combo so the 106 wasn't working like it should. Both Precision turbo's.
Dusty,

Thanks for the honest real world numbers.
I would like to see how the BW unit works at the track.

·
Registered
5,618 Posts
Here's how my test went.

What kind of issues were you having?

1 - 20 of 48 Posts