Yellow Bullet Forums banner

141 - 160 of 173 Posts

·
Registered
3,443 Posts
lets say I have a 9.5 deck sbf block laying around and want to through something together with the s480, what cubic inch should I build?

·
Registered
8,464 Posts
was that supposed to be a joke:smt102
smaller the motor the more efficient it can be so a 351 .30 over would be good. need more info but its a starting point

·
Registered
891 Posts
The more I read about these turbos, the more I am leaning toward it vs a Precision unit...

·
Registered
891 Posts
the more I read this post, the more I think you are a moron...
The more you think I'm a moron, the more I want to ask you to pay the difference between the two.

·
Registered
391 Posts
OH shit sorry man I missed the "it vs" in your original post...I thought you meant you were leaning more towards a Precision LOL

I am the moron...carry on...

S480FTMFW

·
Registered
891 Posts
OH shit sorry man I missed the "it vs" in your original post...I thought you meant you were leaning more towards a Precision LOL

I am the moron...carry on...

S480FTMFW
Lmao! Even getting Precision at price through my shop, the BW would be damn near half price. And it sounds like they perform just as good if not better.
:-KFCD

·
Registered
3,443 Posts
smaller the motor the more efficient it can be so a 351 .30 over would be good. need more info but its a starting point
man o war block 9.5 deck 302 mains just trying to figure what to do with it as I been told I don't want to build a big inch nitrous motor with the 302 mains.

·
Registered
22,850 Posts
Is this too small for a 383?
I have 383 with the S480 standard cover . 1.10 / 87mm turbine . 4" exaust with two dynomax ultra flow mufflers , ( in line ) .

AFR195 street heads , Vic jr intake and 750 blow-thru . Bullet hydraulic roller cam

1.75" headers , 2.5" cross over .

2:1 back pressure .

Its been 147mph at 4450lbs .

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
How much boost and how hard are you turning it?

Debating just doing this to my 383. Vic jr heads, super vic intake and solid roller(would have to be swapped) and going to e85 blow thru.
Would the gt4788 make more power?

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
No updates on that 7sec pass?

Sent the turbo to Reed @ Work Turbochargers for a few upgrades. Will go 7's next time out...........I hope.

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
How much boost and how hard are you turning it?

Debating just doing this to my 383. Vic jr heads, super vic intake and solid roller(would have to be swapped) and going to e85 blow thru.
Would the gt4788 make more power?
yes a 4788 will make more power...it is a 88mm compared to this 80mm:rolleyes:

I used to run this turbo on my 383 and it went the times in my sig damn near like a bracket car at 3250lbs on 18psi. I have no doubt that it would have gone a helluva lot faster than that, but I have a stock block:rolleyes:

141 - 160 of 173 Posts