49,338 Posts

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
have a 1/8" bung in the downpipe. The downpipe is 4"

·
Registered
154 Posts
See sig. This was at 3250lbs on ~10lbs A/A IC, 1.32 hot side shifting at 7K. It was lean too cause I ran out of injector(50lbs). I plan on trying E85 this year and see what it does on the same boost level.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Bullseye S480R (1.32 rear) we made 964hp & 810ft @ crank 355ci iron headed holden engine @ only 18psi @ only 6500rpm it would make a lot more but a stock block aint going to take that also non intercooled just watermeth kit kicking in at 7psi
Very impressive!! cast iron, carby, non intercooled.
I just built a S475 383 LS1 with no cooler just an AIS kit with 3 nozzles and I am struggling to find a tuner in QLD that has any clue!

·
Registered
213 Posts
Very impressive!! cast iron, carby, non intercooled.
I just built a S475 383 LS1 with no cooler just an AIS kit with 3 nozzles and I am struggling to find a tuner in QLD that has any clue!
I'm in Mackay ott308 and i've had the same trouble with my S480 SBC combo. I'm going to be ordering a bigstuff 3 ecu off pistolpete soon. Pretty bad when you have to deal with someone on the otherside of the country.

·
Registered
441 Posts
I'm in Mackay ott308 and i've had the same trouble with my S480 SBC combo. I'm going to be ordering a bigstuff 3 ecu off pistolpete soon. Pretty bad when you have to deal with someone on the otherside of the country.
Very frustrating PRO386. Have you tried talking to Lionel Durrie? I think he is in Rockhampton? I am on the Sunshine Coast and have seriously considered doing courses and tuning myself or taking a week of work and trailer it to someone like Jake Edwards.

·
FUCK TONS OF FUN
17,095 Posts
Very frustrating PRO386. Have you tried talking to Lionel Durrie? I think he is in Rockhampton? I am on the Sunshine Coast and have seriously considered doing courses and tuning myself or taking a week of work and trailer it to someone like Jake Edwards.
man its a LS1 just about any dingbat with a dyno can tune one

ship it to sydney there would be about 50 guys wanting to tune it

·
Registered
441 Posts
man its a LS1 just about any dingbat with a dyno can tune one

ship it to sydney there would be about 50 guys wanting to tune it
Fuck dude, that is exactly what i thought when i decided to start this project. I got rid of my old twin turbo 308 with Wolf ecu as no one wanted to touch it. That cost me alot of money and different tuners to sort out. I think the main problem with my setup is I am not running a intercooler just a AIS progressive kit with 3 nozzles. And the tuners i speak to (ranging from Goldie to Sunshine Coast) have never tuned with meth injection before and insist i run an intercooler. It is a 99% street car (1961 chevy belair) and don't want shit out the front of my car. At the moment I am seeing 450rwhp (mainline dyno) at 15psi with a S475 T4 frame turbo (9 inch, powerglide) converter did show 37% slip.(just ordered a PTC converter)

·
Registered
110 Posts
Anyone with first hand s480 experience, do you think this might be a good choice for 387 cubes (4" bore, 3.79" stroke), street driven vehicle at ~4000 pounds, 3.55 gears, spinning up to 6200rpm or so, for about 15psi (or less) for most operation? I was thinking the 80mm compressor with a t4 hot side, 92ldp turbine wheel. Probably a 1.25 housing? I'm kinda stuck with a t4 instead of a t6, but even if I could change to a t6 I couldn't fit a 5" down pipe. It looks like there's a few people here with 350-400 cubes using s480's that probably have some great input, although they're probably mostly used for drag racing and weigh less, etc. Thoughts, opinions? Thanks.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I know of Lionel but with him still being few hours away its just as easy to deal with Pistol Pete In Melbourne who regularly uses the stuff I need.

·
Registered
101 Posts
So which one would you guys recommend for a ic 355 sbc 882 casting heads 10.5 to 1, 84 mustang with th400, 327 gears and 275\60 mt drag radials? track and some street use. looking to run 5.50 to 5.20 in 8th. thanks boys!

·
Registered
2,941 Posts
Race cover is ~.5" larger diameter. As for hotside, the T6 1.10 is virtually a drop in to a 1.32. You may have to shift the downpipe a hair, but nothing substantial.
what about fitment with 1.00 or 1.20 housings? I think they may not be interchangeable with the 1.32 housing something about the center section, but exterior fitment wise?

101 - 120 of 173 Posts