Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
6,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone ever buy replacement car or motorcycle parts from Amazon? I don’t usually, but have. Unless it’s a known quantity or name-brand part, my success rate in terms of fit and function is only about 50/50. What about you?

·
Registered
11,053 Posts
Stay away from the china junk, only buy motor craft parts for my truck..

·
Registered
613 Posts
I have in the past.
I found on the last project that RockAuto was actually cheaper.
If it's name brand parts, I will usually go with the lowest price unless I shop local.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
I bought an alternator for my G8 from them. Amazon was the only place that had it in stock. All other places including the dealership was going to be a week wait.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Just bought an aftermarket 5.3 LS oil cooler block off plate for my truck off Amazon from LSX Innovations and it fixed my leak. I've bought one or two other name brand parts from Amazon for way cheaper than a store and with free shipping.

·
Pontiac "big block"
9,642 Posts
I get a lot of auto parts from them. They're usually here next day, or 2 days at most. Cheaper than almost everyone else.

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
Every single part I look at gets a look on Amazon too. You can often (but not always) find the exact same part for the same price or cheaper, two day shipping, and a 30 day return policy. No brainer.

·
Aviation Section
25,366 Posts
I buy quite a bit. Bought an Odyssey battery for one of my motorcycles, they sent me the wrong one and I asked to return it, they said keep it ($125.00)!! and sent me the right one. It seems they cannot accept anything that is Hazmat back, good to know!

Dave

·
Registered
766 Posts
I buy tons of AC Delco/GM and other higher quality replacement parts on Amazon when they have prime shipping available. Usually ends up not costing much more than the garbage at parts stores. I use Cultrag's website to look up GM part #s and Rockauto to look up other decent brands (Delco, Moog, Timken etc) to get part #'s to check on Amazon.

·
Registered
5,040 Posts
I have for years. Look up the part number and search around for a good price. I try to stay away from the china junk unless its something simple that i know will work.

·
draggin' ass
13,415 Posts
I but a lot of everything from them. I just got a autometer gauge for something like 10 bucks cheaper then anywhere else with no shipping and is was here the following day.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Ditto.

Amazon isn't usually the best price for me. Rock auto usually is close after shipping. It helps if you order more stuff and aren't picky as to the exact brand to help shipping costs.

The one thing I did get a deal on from Amazon turned out to be bad from the beginning, but it didn't get installed right away. I didn't realize it was junk until after the store's return policy was up.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
I bought GM rotors and brake pads for my C6Z (front and rear)no issues over 2 years. No one could touch the price. Packaging looked legit, but I wondered how it was so low in price. Sold the car recently so who knows how they will last.

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
Ditto.

Amazon isn't usually the best price for me. Rock auto usually is close after shipping. It helps if you order more stuff and aren't picky as to the exact brand to help shipping costs.

The one thing I did get a deal on from Amazon turned out to be bad from the beginning, but it didn't get installed right away. I didn't realize it was junk until after the store's return policy was up.
Yeah, but Rock Auto takes a fucking week, at least, to get things to my door. I always go to Amazon first. If it's not there, I go to Rock Auto.

·
Registered
4,043 Posts
I use RockAuto to research all the possible part numbers for the part I am wanting and then search all those numbers on Amazon. You can usually find the parts cheaper at RockAuto or various other sites but they all have HORRIBLE return policies. Amazon is almost like the way Wal-Mart used to be and they will literally take 98% of what you purchase from them back without any real questions or hassle. So I generally don't mind paying a few extra bucks on Amazon.

Amazon FTW on most of my parts purchases.

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
I buy my tires from them pretty regularly. How the fuck they have lower prices than discount tire, and free shipping, no tax, and have them in 2 days, thats beyond me...

Just bought 4 new mastercraft avenger tires on prime. One got ripped while putting it on the rim. filled it up with air, and the sidewall bulged. Contacted amazon, they simply said send it back (they paid for return shipping) and we'll send you another one no charge. How do I beat that?

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Bought a radiator recently from Amazon that was $30.00 cheaper than Autozone. Same brand, part#, etc., BUT when I opened the box the top hose barb was broken off from the plastic tank, in shipping. They sent a call tag and credited my acct., but I couldn't wait for the return to clear and reorder.
Long story short I spent the extra 30 bux and bought the rad from Azone.
Other stuff has been good.
Rock Auto had the same price as Amazon for something else, and Amazon had free shipping so they got the business saving me $15 or so.
YMMV...

·
Registered
4,737 Posts
I buy a lot of parts from amazon but I just make sure I buy name brand or oem... a lot of times they’re cheaper than summit or rockauto

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
I've noticed that a lot of dealers who have a discount online parts store are now on Amazon selling the same OEM parts. Same prices, faster shipping (because Amazon is stocking the parts in house), and the 30 day return policy. Win.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts