Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
28,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need to purchase a new timing light. What's out there offering the best bang for your buck ?

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Need to purchase a new timing light. What's out there offering the best bang for your buck ?

WHAT IGNITION SYSTEM YOU RUNNING ??

THAT WILL HAVE A HUGE INFLUENCE ON WHAT WILL BE RECOMMENED.

SEE THREAD IN NATURALLY ASPIRARED SECTION - STARTED BY CHAD SPEIR.

I HAVE PERSONALLY GOT BOTH MSD VERSIONS OF TIMING LIGHT ALONG WITH A SNAP ON MT2261 PLUS SOME MAC AND MATCO ONES TOO.

I HAVE BEEN USING THE SNAP ON WITH ANALOG 6AL AND ANYTHING POINTS ACTIVATED OLD STYLE NON CDI.

WHEN I UPGRADED TO MSD 7AL I NOW JUST USE THE SELF POWERED UNIT.

HOPE THIS SHEDS SOME LIGHT ON THE SITUATION.

CHEERS

·
Registered
28,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
FAST ignition system.

·
Premium Member
49,715 Posts
SEE THREAD IN NATURALLY ASPIRARED SECTION - STARTED BY CHAD SPEIR.

HOPE THIS SHEDS SOME LIGHT ON THE SITUATION.

CHEERS
Hey cut the guy some slack!

He has a Studebaker. :p

·
Back to the front!
5,449 Posts

·
Registered
5,735 Posts

·
T/S 368E
33,408 Posts

Used all kinds of fancy lights, went back to my old 20+ year old Craftsmen, with NO DIAL!!!!!!!!!!

Digital, dial, etc would always fail at some point. Same old Sears still going strong!!!!

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
I have the digital Actron. It will show rpm, is switchable for 2 or 4 cycle, has a flashlight mode and can be used as a dial-back. I just leave it on zero.

·
Registered
631 Posts
MSD says no dial lights to be used and if you use a traditional 12v light, to use a seperate 12v battery to power it. I bought a MSD self powerd light, later found out it is a Ferret #81 light, works great and no power pigtail wires to hook up to 12V! That is a bounus on some cars..

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
MSD says no dial lights to be used and if you use a traditional 12v light, to use a seperate 12v battery to power it. I bought a MSD self powerd light, later found out it is a Ferret #81 light, works great and no power pigtail wires to hook up to 12V! That is a bounus on some cars..

thanks for the tip
way cheaper than MSD too

·
Registered
631 Posts
Works great! And I like the quick disconnect spark plug induction, ask me why?!? I did the dumb thing and burned it, but a new one was like $15.00 or so, I ordered 2! And I liked it so much I bought a Ferret digital dial with tach and dwell, also does 2 stroke among other things. Great for my antique cars to tune.

·
Back to the front!
5,449 Posts
Works great! And I like the quick disconnect spark plug induction, ask me why?!? I did the dumb thing and burned it, but a new one was like $15.00 or so, I ordered 2! And I liked it so much I bought a Ferret digital dial with tach and dwell, also does 2 stroke among other things. Great for my antique cars to tune.
Excuse my stupidity, but how do the self powered ones power? lol...Is there a battery, or? ...

·
Premium Member
49,715 Posts

·
Back to the front!
5,449 Posts

Searching for the Ferret #81 light and all I am coming up with is their #82 and #84

1 - 20 of 26 Posts