Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking about buying a new 24' enclosed. What do you guys think about pro-line trailers.:confused: Anyone have one or know anyone that does?

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Thinking about buying a new 24' enclosed. What do you guys think about pro-line trailers.:confused: Anyone have one or know anyone that does?
FROM MY EXPERIENCE ALWAYS BUY 2 MORE FEET THAN YOU THINK YOU NEED. CAR AND GOLF CART?

·
Registered
6,187 Posts
Pro-line are decent trailers. I personally am sponsored by H&H Trailers out of Iowa and I absolutely love this thing. No Bullshit here...if it wasn't any good I would say so.

I have a 28 ft tag, smoothside, onan generator, 50 amp elec service, full light and ac package, E-trac in the floor, and the entire frame of the trailer is sprayed with a thick coat of linex. The only thing I would change on mine is I would put a elec jack up front, a winch in the floor, and I would try to build one out of alluminum. My motorhome and F-250 pull it great.

If your interested in a hook up, I can set you up with the right person. Let me know.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
wow i just checked it out you are in ky also, check with steve keen, he lives in your town or close, he knows who we are.

·
T/S 368E
33,647 Posts

Go bigger, 28' minimum if you can afford it & have room to park it. You will need it, as mentioned.

·
Registered
527 Posts
I probably have owned more trailers than I care to admit......This is what I learned the hard way.......Always buy a brand name trailer if you think you might be selling it in the next 5 to 7 years. If you dont you will take a beating. If your going to keep it for 10 years or so it wont make much difference. You can buy and sell a "goldrush" trailer three times and never lose any money.....I have seen good brand name All Aluminum trailers used for several years go for what they paid for them when they bought them new.....cost of quality never goes down and the price never goes down in the eyes of the beholder either.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thinking about going with pro-line trailer sales. out of roanoke,va.Pickup in elkhart,in
Thay got a 24' ,finished walls and roof in white.plain wood floor $4799 is price which is in my range. I dont think my 94 suburban with a 350 will pull a 28' but hell, it might not pull a 24'
Pat I know steve, I went with him a few times to louisville. if your gona be around Ill call you real quick.

·
T/S 368E
33,647 Posts

Get the weight dist bars. Makes a huge difference.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
what ever trailer you choose if it's 28 ft get the tri axle. The extra money will be well spent and the tow vehicle will thank you.I'm sorry I didn't spend the extra for the stability and handling.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I've had about 4 enclosed trailers, American Hauler the finest quality Ive had. Made in Elkhart Ind.(trailer cap of the world) If you come to Elkhart stop by Techworks and see Walt. Good inventory and great prices. Dozens on manufactors within 1 beer ride.

·
Registered
310 Posts
I have a 24 ft pace shadow nice trailer I do not use the wt distribution hitch but it tows great. This trailer I bought used for $2200.00 and it came with a pintal hook I bought the coupler to change it to a 2 5/16 ball but hell it towed great so I left it alone figered less thift if thay dont have the right hitch to tow it away with. I can tell you I would be a lot happier with a 26-28ft model its very tight in there when you load a golf cart and a car. And I have to load the cart side ways to make it all fit this is with out cabinets. And make shure you get the 10,000 lbs axels also I belive this helps out alot.

·
The Bullet Killer
36,720 Posts
1) always go a step or 2 bigger
2) I sell Classic Dominator's and they are the real deal. any and every feature you can think of!!!!

·
Registered
458 Posts
I probably have owned more trailers than I care to admit......This is what I learned the hard way.......Always buy a brand name trailer if you think you might be selling it in the next 5 to 7 years. If you dont you will take a beating. If your going to keep it for 10 years or so it wont make much difference. You can buy and sell a "goldrush" trailer three times and never lose any money.....I have seen good brand name All Aluminum trailers used for several years go for what they paid for them when they bought them new.....cost of quality never goes down and the price never goes down in the eyes of the beholder either.

AND get one that can head down side roads with pot holes where you can hide well

·
Fords Only
4,041 Posts
watch the cheaper $$$ trailers, they usually are the ones with the min weight capacity axles with no options and are a bitch to resell. I just bought a new 24' 08 Cargomate 10k lb cap torsion axles, finished cel/walls and stone guard options. I couldnt swing the 28 with added tax/title, but I got 3 year war on this one soo will upgrade later. The added center 10k frame support makes this thing tow as well without dist bars unloaded and loaded.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts