Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im about to buy a new left over 2011 , wat do u guys think of this thing? anyone have it and how do u like it ?

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
I don't know about buying a left over 2011, but I just took delivery of a new 2012 F-250 super duty with 6.7. Took it on my first trip to Delaware 628 mile trip and got 21.7 mph going and got 21.2 mph coming back. The truck is a four door long box with two wheel drive and a 3.23 rear gear. With 1650 miles on it so far I'm loving it.

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
How much are you getting it for ? I have a buddy Upstate from you that is selling his, has like 6,500 miles on it and is mint. Only selling because he no longer needs it, was 50K new......he is somewhere around 38k. PM me if interested.

·
Registered
7,243 Posts
im about to buy a new left over 2011 , wat do u guys think of this thing? anyone have it and how do u like it ?
You will love it, I have a 2011 & a 2012 great power very quiet. I average 15 MPG empty & 9.5 MPG loaded mine are F-350 & F-450 very nice truck & great motor :p

·
Registered
7,243 Posts
Not telling you how to buy it but I buy alot of trucks, You shoulf be able to buy it a $1000.00 below invoice plus the bebates should be some where around 10K below sticker price unless they are trying to phuck you.

·
Registered
17,742 Posts
Not telling you how to buy it but I buy alot of trucks, You shoulf be able to buy it a $1000.00 below invoice plus the bebates should be some where around 10K below sticker price unless they are trying to phuck you.
It's a left over 11, $10,000 off MSRP or walk away! He's going to take a bigger hit then that the second he drives it off the lot.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the truck MSRP sticker price is 56k, i got it down to 43k going to test drive it today and haggle alittle more . . . . . . thanks for the info fella's

·
Registered
22,718 Posts
I don't know about buying a left over 2011, but I just took delivery of a new 2012 F-250 super duty with 6.7. Took it on my first trip to Delaware 628 mile trip and got 21.7 mph going and got 21.2 mph coming back. The truck is a four door long box with two wheel drive and a 3.23 rear gear. With 1650 miles on it so far I'm loving it.
I wonder why yours gets so good mileage and I hear others that hate them because of the mileage? Is it the 3.23 rear gear?

·
Registered
17,742 Posts
I wonder why yours gets so good mileage and I hear others that hate them because of the mileage? Is it the 3.23 rear gear?
And 2wd

·
Registered
546 Posts
We have two 2011's and one 2012. All are extended cab, long bed, 2wd. Avg'ing almost 19mpg combined driving.. They are used by our techs as service trucks and always have a good bit of weight in tools.

As mentioned, very quiet and seem to be MUCH better than the old 6.4's and 6.0's.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Driving habits is what will determine mpg, some people drive like they are at the track. I have 40k on my 2011 f350 crew cab lariat ultimate. If you set the cruise on 65-67mph you will get 21mpg all day long. if you cant stand doing the speed limit setting it at 75mph will get you 17mpg. Trust me I know, I drive alot.

As far as towing, when I pull my 26' enclosed loaded up with my equipment I get around 11-12mpg, oddly enough when i pull my 14' enclosed loaded up I only get 12-13mpg.

Combined all around driving will be 15-16mpg.

Bone stock

I bought my truck for invoice less rebates, it came out to a little over $10k off the window sticker which was $63k and change. Thats 2011 is already 2 years old beat them up some more lol

·
Registered
508 Posts
You should be able to get that a bit better than you mentioned.
I bought my 11 F350 Lariat in october of last year, Sticker was 56k.
I bought it for Invoice minus the then current rebate (6500), so my purchase was 46k. I actually picked it up as "the dealer trade" and brought my dealer back the check for holdback, about $485.

Ford also has rebate plans for trucks like yours that are growing roots. There is typically another 1k for trucks that had a birthday or been in inventory for more than a year. That truck may have been there for 2 years, as they released the 11's in mid 10.

Be hard on that deal, they want to be rid of that truck way more than you want to own it.

My truck with 3:73 4x4 4 door dually, gets 17 empty @ 75-80mph, milage does go up a bit when you slow to 65. My combined average around town and highway are around 14.6.

Let me add, I did own an 08 Chevy duramax. I gotta say the Chevy was a nicer truck, quite a bit more solid feeling, the 6.7 is waaaayyyyy quieter, the ford truck is a little more flimsy....

·
Registered
17,742 Posts
You should be able to get that a bit better than you mentioned.
I bought my 11 F350 Lariat in october of last year, Sticker was 56k.
I bought it for Invoice minus the then current rebate (6500), so my purchase was 46k. I actually picked it up as "the dealer trade" and brought my dealer back the check for holdback, about $485.

Ford also has rebate plans for trucks like yours that are growing roots. There is typically another 1k for trucks that had a birthday or been in inventory for more than a year. That truck may have been there for 2 years, as they released the 11's in mid 10.

Be hard on that deal, they want to be rid of that truck way more than you want to own it.

My truck with 3:73 4x4 4 door dually, gets 17 empty @ 75-80mph, milage does go up a bit when you slow to 65. My combined average around town and highway are around 14.6.

Let me add, I did own an 08 Chevy duramax. I gotta say the Chevy was a nicer truck, quite a bit more solid feeling, the 6.7 is waaaayyyyy quieter, the ford truck is a little more flimsy....
That's a first!

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
I'm not real sure. I wasn't towing anything on this trip and I have a cover on the bed and never ran over 70 mph so I'm thinking the gear has some thing to do with it and remember it is a single rear wheel two wheel drive. It was running some where around 1600-1650 rpm at 70 mph. I can't wait to hook up the trailer to see what happens.

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
my 2005 6.0 gets 19.5 av empty,...not bad for a 4x4 with 3.73....
i just ran into a guy who tows camper trailers back and forth between Quebec and northern indiana,...his 6.0 has 475k on it so far. no major repairs....i know most people think they are junk but some seem pretty decent.

·
Registered
10,234 Posts
That's a first!
thats what I was thinking too :smt017, I have own several GM's over the years, and everyone after a couple years old ,would be a rattle trap.

ad, we bought a new 2011 4x4 crewcab Dually last March, 13k on odo, been flawless, gets about 17mpg empty driving 70-78mph. 10-11mpg towing 40' ATC racercar g.n. trailer

·
502 daddy
3,311 Posts
Best truck ever to come out of the KTP Plant...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts