Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 125 Posts

·
Super Moderator
35,256 Posts
Uh-huh..... To be completely honest, right now I am in the process of trying to squeek about 25 more horse out of his 23 degree 415, so it will run low 8.80's.... not sure if I can do it or not. Who ever heard of a 23 degree 415 making almost 895? Some folks are claiming that's not a serious engine. :smt005

That is the plan right now.... old blacky is just waiting on that and we'll be ready to rock. Far as I know he hasn't touched it. I was over this weekend and she's just collecting dust, and he's pouring concrete to pay for this stuff.

Chuck, have Dennis bring me that 630.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
oh and Chuck bring that shark cause the deuce can't wait. :lol: It better Pucking snow :smt005 :smt005

heading to TN this afternoon so you all have a safe and happy turkey day.

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
895 hp :shock: I guess I will be getting more of a weigh break with my little Pontiac. 477 cid Pontiac @ 930 hp =3150 lbs, 415 cid sbc @ 895 hp = 2925 lbs. 35 hp = 225 lbs :smt102

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
if 100 pounds = around .1 in et and around 30 hp = around .1 in et, that would make the sbc around .08 faster, am I missing something here... now lets take the bbc that makes 1060 at 3475 lbs :cry:

·
Super Moderator
35,256 Posts
John I don't think Butchs engine will make 895. It made 871 last year and I'm building it safer this year.... only difference is that it will have a dominator.... so that will be what.... 10 hp? Prolly loose 10 making it safe, gain 10 with dominator.... so it's a wash.

I don't know about the BBC weight.... 565 at 3650 looks better than a 515 at 3550.

If we're gonna complain, I'll do some complaining!! Ya know I'm good at that.

They allow me to weigh 2750 and I can't get it below 2810. I need 1400 dollars in gun drilled this, aluminum that rear end parts, 600 dollar set of custom CM ladder bars, and..........?????? what else? I don't know what else to get weight out of. I got headers I can dent wtih my finger nail, a crank you can use as a eating utensil, a block that holds half gallon of water and wheels that you can use for frisbees.... I'm at a loss here.

I need a mustang. You ponatiac guys can weigh 3125 with 950 horsepower, 950 torque, I don't know how I can run with that! :shock:

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
All in all, i think the rules are pretty good for this year +/- 25 pounds or so on certain combinations. I just hope the car counts are up. Unfortunately everything costs a fortune with these old cars. You and me are in the same boat. I have dumped a ton into getting my car as light as possible. With my heavy ass boat motor and my fat 235 lb ass behind the wheel, I can get it down to 3065-75 with a steel rear bumper. There is around 30 more pounds lingering around that I could get rid of. Next year should be exciting.

·
God Bless America
10,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Chris Poli said:
oh and Chuck bring that shark cause the deuce can't wait. :lol: It better Pucking snow :smt005 :smt005

becareful and safe have fun

·
God Bless America
10,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Chris Poli said:

becareful and safe have fun

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
I dont think we have to have windows that roll up and down, you can do the old trick with straps like the hemi mopar super stockers did. What do the window regulators in each door weigh?? Do you run tubes? Titanium wheel studs? There is always jenny craig.

·
Super Moderator
35,256 Posts
Hey Now..... I did the Atkins thing and the Gym thing in 2003 I was 25 pounds less than I am now.... getting old is a bitch. I guess I could exercise.... again.

If I get new axles for old orangy....it'll have titanium studs.

1 - 20 of 125 Posts