Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two Times this weekend i got busted by a doe. I don't know what to do, years ago I never used scent stuff. The last two years I've been using Dead down wind products, an have been busted on several occasions... What gives:confused:
What's everyone else using for cover scent?

·
Turbo 481X
1,570 Posts
try warshing ur close ceep um and a bag spray down all the time befor u go out then spray down after u get out of ur truck and dont ride a stinky 4 wheeler to ur stand any time u have ur close on

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Ive had some luck in the stand this year using the Bone Collector line of sent blocker spray. I shot a 7 point on Thursday wearing the stuff. I did get busted about an hour beforehand by a little 4 point, but thats because i dropped my range finder lol.

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
I keep my clothes in a zipped up bag with some cedar limbs in them....I also spray down with scent removal as soon as I put them on, Make sure you hit your boots and the bottom of them very well.

gotta play the wind more than anything, scout, scout,scout and scout, have a stand in mind for each weather condition.

May need to move your stand?

·
Registered
20 Posts
I keep all my stuff in a tub. I use Scent-A-Way products. Also use the scent wafers that smell like dirt and throw a couple in the tub. Before I head out spray my self down and where I hunt I spray coon urine on my boots.

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
I shot a 8 pointer saturday with a cigarette in my hand,at 13' and he came from down wind!!!!

·
Just a Mean Ol' Phucker
21,399 Posts
I shot a 8 pointer saturday with a cigarette in my hand,at 13' and he came from down wind!!!!
Two years ago I shot a 150 class free range while smoking a cigar and drinking a beer. I'd been in the stand less than 3 minutes.......I was in shorts, t-shirt and tennis shoes...it was 90 degrees and 2:00 in the afternoon.....go figure....

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Two years ago I shot a 150 class free range while smoking a cigar and drinking a beer. I'd been in the stand less than 3 minutes.......I was in shorts, t-shirt and tennis shoes...it was 90 degrees and 2:00 in the afternoon.....go figure....
Hell that sounds like paradice.

·
Registered
532 Posts
blind squirrel finds a nut sometimes ! lol im not that lucky !

·
Registered
561 Posts
for a true cover scent i use what is natural to the enviro.I hunt in.. i.e. when I start to the stand I stop by the biggest cedar tree i can { as they are everywhere at my hunting spot} and tear a good sized leafy limb and rub down with it till i can smell the cedar on myself.. always wipe my feet on the leftover limb to help kill and scent on the bottom of the sole . may be a lil redneck but it seems to work pretty well.

·
Registered
776 Posts
I use sentblocker brand cloths and a carbon sent eliminator have yet to be busted using this setup(3 seasons so far) befor I switched I would get busted atleast 2 times a season

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Does the doe walk in and look right at you in the stand? If so then she has seen you moving and will always look.
Most times, I see them before they see me, I hope lol. This one doe came in to 38 yards an just looked up, she tried getting me to move and i didn't, then she turned an ran off...
Then I had one come in around 50 yards an she just started wheezing an carrying on, it was funny, she ran towards me then stomped her hoof a few times an ran off.

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I wash all my stuff in scent free detergent, store it in a sealed bin an spray down several times a day...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts