Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Pontiac aficionado
2,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems to be getting worse with sales calls selling crap and taking up time. 4 & 5 times a day. Always right when I'm busy. :smt097

Then you have the foreigner, usually Spanish or India'n, you can't understand trying to sell you an American product.

And nothing a person can do. :smt068 :smt067:mad:

Just venting.

·
Registered
4,061 Posts
I get calls from Indians,iranians,chineese every day claiming their name is "bob" or "steve" wanting to update my business info .Have to ignore any long distance calls anymore.

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
When I see an 800 number or unavailable on my caller id,I either don't answer it or I answer it and make it sound like I'm interested in what they are selling, then just set the phone down and walk away,let them waste their time talking no nobody :smt067:smt067:smt068:smt068

·
Motorboatin SOB
10,309 Posts
www.donotcall.gov

Go there and register your phone #. Cell, home, work, etc.

Its slowed down a lot here at work after me doing that. Not completely stopped, but helped a bunch.

·
Registered
2,647 Posts
Years ago my old man had a guy calling him and would not stop no matter how many times he told him to fuck off or dont call back, so he finally ordered 4k worth of shit and had them send it COD then he refused the shipment ,,never called him back agian

·
Registered
939 Posts
I always tell them to hold on for a minute - put the phone on hold and go on about my business - come back in about 10 minutes - they are always gone - another one of the things that get under my skin is the 10 credit card apps that I receive in the mail everyday- I have been shoving the application (blank of course) into the enclosed envelope and mailing it back to them.....

·
Registered
255 Posts
We used to get 4-5 calls a day. I'd call them everything in the book, put them on hold forever, etc. About 4 months ago we went to an automated phone system. The pain in the ass, press, 1,2,3, etc., Since we went to that phone system, I haven't had one sales call.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Yea, all the telemarketers can suck my ass! We are always getting the recorded calls of "can your smalll business use a loan" or the mf'n phone companies which, i usually tell them "i don't have the time to keep climing this fucking pole to answer your shitty calls so please stop calling me!" ..the pricks still call back the next day!

·
Another Nobody
11,803 Posts
I always tell them to hold on for a minute - put the phone on hold and go on about my business - come back in about 10 minutes - they are always gone - another one of the things that get under my skin is the 10 credit card apps that I receive in the mail everyday- I have been shoving the application (blank of course) into the enclosed envelope and mailing it back to them.....
i send them back pizza hut coupons, me and a bunch of neighbors did that for a few years, now our ZIP doesn't get nearly as many, guess they figured it wasn't worth the stamps they were wasteing

·
Registered
951 Posts
Told a female telemarketer once that she sounded just like my ex girlfriend that just dumped me, I couldn't take the pain of hearing her voice and was going to go hang myself. The last thing I heard before I hung up was " Wait sir, I didn't mean to......" click! Didn't get a call for quite some time.

·
Registered
10,216 Posts
Being in business for 20 years, I am on EVERY mailing list, and EVERY telemarketers call list!! I have gotten to where if it is an 800 number, blocked, or anything unusual, I don't even answer it, I let it go to voice-mail, but NOW they have a system that uses local area codes, so for example, my area code is 772, well that is what shows up when some telemarketers call, so now we are really fucked! :smt093

·
Bad Muther Fucka
844 Posts
just got the same call a few minutes ago. Weird read the thread and the phone ring wanting to update my business contact info.

·
Registered
9,769 Posts
My Dad had one on the phone years back, he asked " do you know what part of the world you are calling right now?" She said "Wilmington DE." He asked " do you know what state DE. is?" She said "sure I do... Detroit"

·
Registered
836 Posts
Had a salesman call me about windows for my house, set up a appointment with address and at the last minute of the phone call told him I had to talk with the landlord to make sure I could put in new windows. He never called again to this day.

·
Registered
807 Posts
I get calls from Indians,iranians,chineese every day claiming their name is "bob" or "steve" wanting to update my business info .Have to ignore any long distance calls anymore.

Just tell them you are a corporate Store or owned and hang up. It seems to keep them from calling after you tell them that

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Its hard for you to believe but they are just doing their job just like us. Being rude isnt fair,at least they dont collect welfare...IMHO

1 - 20 of 20 Posts