Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
5,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know its a about a little over a week away. but everyone is pestering me about buying sum fireworks an i dont mean that little kiddy shit were talking the good stuff. In the past it didnt seem to bother me so much to burn a couple hundos but now just seems pointless wondering whats your thoughts an opinoins on the subject. note i do have a 13yr old daughter an will be buying sum just dont know how crazy ima go this year

·
Car ramrod
10,130 Posts
My mom's neighbor spends big $$$$ on illegal fireworks. We just watch their fireworks

·
Gold Member
6,003 Posts
My mom's neighbor spends big $$$$ on illegal fireworks. We just watch their fireworks
I have a buddy at a small town fire station. He handles the fireworks for the town, and man do they get the good shit! 6" mortars, you name it. They had one extra that we put in a .50 Cal ammo can with a little bathtub napalm, and lit it, threw it in, latched it, and ran like hell. Talk about shrapnel. Lol.

·
Grizzly
45,815 Posts
I buy a bundled pack for about 80 to 100 bucks last for days ... plus it dosent hurt to have a buisness licence..i just walk in the warehouse and get them for cost he he he

·
Put Custom Title HERE!...
56,427 Posts
I give my neighbor (thru the tree clearing) a hundo, as do most of my other (20 or so) neighbors and just have family and friends over for BBQ and drinks!...
Then we put chairs on my back driveway and watch his show thru the opening in the trees!...

I buy some li'l stuff for my grandkids to play around with, before the BIG show starts!... :cool:

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
i spend anywhere from 30-60 bucks usually on bottle rockets and roman candles........every year we go to a friends house that celebrate it big.....they have everyone line up and shoot roman candles into a bird house and put a 4 inch mortor in it and shoot at it untill it goes off.....lots of fun

also did this a few years ago
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZtk9alkVz8

bird house is in the 2 trees to the right

·
Registered
5,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yah that might be a good thing ive never actually attended one of those might not be a bad idea

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
We spent $7300.00 this year. Fully legal Class B 1.3 G material. With 2.5"shells all the way up to 4-10" shells. This includes the insurance for our show as well.

Obtaining a licsense to do fireworks is as easy as filling out the right forms with the ATF & paying the fee & also having enough room safely to set them off.

We've beeen doing this privately for the last 5 years & I've been doing professional show for other companies for the last 21 years.

I just walked in the door from doing a show in Harrisburg PA & I saw this thread.

We will have about 1000 people from the community this year. Hoping to keep the tradition going by maybe recieving some donations to keep it living on. For me it's not about the money, it's about the time involved in scripting & setting up the display that takes so much effort.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts

Here's ashow we just did. The budget for this show was $7500. So that means at a wholesale cost the shells for the entire show only cost $750.00 then add in design fee, insurance crew pay which is 12% ofd the show budget

1 - 20 of 24 Posts