Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone here do some bump firing with any of their weapons? I know a few do (the other thread about it), but where do you do this? At a range? Out on a ranch? Private shooting club?

I ask because I go to this indoor range tonight to blast a few rounds through my 45, my DE .50, and my Mac 10. I bump fire the mac-10 with 20 rounds doing like 6-7 round bursts. The range guy comes over and asks if it is fully automatic and I tell him no. He questions me, saying "it sure sounds fully automatic". I told him I'd load a clip and he could shoot the damn thing. He said he would have to speak with the managers to see if I could shoot it again.

He comes back a few minutes later and says I cannot shoot it like that, because it is too uncontrollable. Keep in mind all 20 rounds were in a nice pattern dead square in the middle of a silouette, none missing the target at all. He then tells me, if I want to shoot a fully automatic weapon, I can rent one from them. WTF? I said you will allow me to shoot fully automatic weapon and that it is more controllable than my bump fire? He say, thats what they told me. I told him whatever, and put the gun up. What a bunch of fuckin morons.

If they believe the fully automatic weapons are more controllable than bursts are, maybe they need to let the US Armed Forces know this revelation.

Ok rant over, it just pissed me off royally.

·
102,312 Posts
Anyone here do some bump firing with any of their weapons? I know a few do (the other thread about it), but where do you do this? At a range? Out on a ranch? Private shooting club?

I ask because I go to this indoor range tonight to blast a few rounds through my 45, my DE .50, and my Mac 10. I bump fire the mac-10 with 20 rounds doing like 6-7 round bursts. The range guy comes over and asks if it is fully automatic and I tell him no. He questions me, saying "it sure sounds fully automatic". I told him I'd load a clip and he could shoot the damn thing. He said he would have to speak with the managers to see if I could shoot it again.

He comes back a few minutes later and says I cannot shoot it like that, because it is too uncontrollable. Keep in mind all 20 rounds were in a nice pattern dead square in the middle of a silouette, none missing the target at all. He then tells me, if I want to shoot a fully automatic weapon, I can rent one from them. WTF? I said you will allow me to shoot fully automatic weapon and that it is more controllable than my bump fire? He say, thats what they told me. I told him whatever, and put the gun up. What a bunch of fuckin morons.

If they believe the fully automatic weapons are more controllable than bursts are, maybe they need to let the US Armed Forces know this revelation.

Ok rant over, it just pissed me off royally.
Burst shots were implemented also to control the old "spraying and praying" syndrome from the Vietnam days.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
The range local near me that rents machine guns actually chains them so they won't shoot the ceiling. I don't bump fire since I own the real thing and can shoot very accurately with them. I use to shoot competition with an HK MP-5 W optics and a Colt M-16 9mm with open sights.

·
Impeach obama
6,174 Posts
I googled "bump firing" and totally have to try this with my AR

Found a youtube of a dude using a rubberband, next time I hit the property I'll throw a few hundred rounds down figuring this out. :smt082

·
Registered
6,311 Posts
The county range I go to uses 2 ft dia concrete pipes for the rifle guys to fire through. The pipes are buried in a dirt wall with stabilizer tables and benches and a roof over your head. No way any rounds can get out of control but it gets loud. The pistol area is open though.

·
Dick for hire
17,960 Posts
Never bump fired.

·
Registered
3,885 Posts
Niceguy that is fucked up. That would royally piss me off too. Would make me not want to go back to anywhere that idiots like that owned or worked at.

·
Registered
3,885 Posts
Burst shots were implemented also to control the old "spraying and praying" syndrome from the Vietnam days.
And for conservation of ammo.

·
Registered
3,885 Posts
I googled "bump firing" and totally have to try this with my AR

Found a youtube of a dude using a rubberband, next time I hit the property I'll throw a few hundred rounds down figuring this out. :smt082
I've tried it on two different guns after watching the vid you're talking about. It's nowhere near as easy as that guy makes it seem but it will work though. It's just very hard to make it do what you want when you want. After watching it several times I'm willing to bet the gun he's shooting is FA. His hand movement just doesn't look right for what he claims he's doing.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
What is the point of bump firing? I don't see where it would serve a purpose other than making a semi auto sound like a full auto. Kinda seems like something kids would do while jackassing around in the woods. I wouldn't want it in my range either.

I find it hard to believe any range would allow this.

·
Registered
6,311 Posts
Do you mind sharing which range this was?

Not sure if you wanted the range that banned him or the range with the pipes. Pipes are at a range outside Gaffney SC off Hwy 329

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Do you mind sharing which range this was?
It was the Arms Room in League City.

As for the gentleman who asked why I do this? Because I like to, thats why. You have a way you like to fire your guns, and I like to fire this one that way. I am no kid in the woods, but I do enjoy shooting a variety of weapons, each in a completely different fashion. I respect your opinion, but find it kind of odd. Do you feel like it's ok for them to shoot FA guns there? And if you do, then please explain the difference to me. Not attacking you, but I want to understand the thinking behind this.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
For me, the novelty wore off this after I watched videos of it. Call me crazy, but I like to use each round to hone a useful firearm skill. I am probably in the minority about this, but I don't mean any disrespect to those that can blow through ammo like it's free. I wish I could.

·
102,312 Posts
It's an interesting concept. Just me personally I always try and train the way the fight might go down. When I am on patrol, I find me a dark spot and practice running and drawing when no one is around.

Of course I don't go popping off rounds, but indoor ranges are not going to let you run around drawing your weapon.

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Carl,
Don't get me wrong.... I like to train with my handguns, just as you do.

And Ego, I like to do the same with some of my other guns (AR15, Mauser .308, even my AK47, and all of my other handguns). But this gun (Mac-10) was bought just for fun and burning up ammo. The gun is not designed to be a super accurate carry weapon, but designed to do just what I use it for.

I'll post a pic of it in a little while.

·
102,312 Posts
Carl,
Don't get me wrong.... I like to train with my handguns, just as you do.

And Ego, I like to do the same with some of my other guns (AR15, Mauser .308, even my AK47, and all of my other handguns). But this gun (Mac-10) was bought just for fun and burning up ammo. The gun is not designed to be a super accurate carry weapon, but designed to do just what I use it for.

I'll post a pic of it in a little while.
I understand Ernie and I am not saying anything is wrong with it. Heck it is your weapon and ammo blaze away.

If I could get my hands on a H&K MP5SD I would have a closet full of 9mm ammo and take it out and shoot it every chance I get.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts