Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes you read that correctly. I was shooting my Taurus 740 slim this past holiday weekend and it seems I can bump fire it by simply holding the trigger in about half way, instead of releasing it after the first round. I could only do it in 2 and 3 round bursts. I'd fire the first shot and it would do it as a single, then the second one would go 3 in a row and then 2 the next time.

The coolest thing about it, I can be pretty accurate with it at the same time. I'm gonna go shoot again this weekend and get some video.

·
102,312 Posts
You're actually just allowing enough slack to reset the sear. Shooting circles it is called slack out. Personally I think they should teach "slack out" to law enforcement and military instead of straight trigger finger. Proper training and there will still be no negligent discharge.

·
Registered
15,547 Posts
You're actually just allowing enough slack to reset the sear. Shooting circles it is called slack out. Personally I think they should teach "slack out" to law enforcement and military instead of straight trigger finger. Proper training and there will still be no negligent discharge.
;)

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Carl for the info. I've never seen or heard it done before. My wife actually did it first with my gun.... it scared her, but then I tried it and was WOWED. We both spent the next few mags doing it.

·
102,312 Posts
Thanks Carl for the info. I've never seen or heard it done before. My wife actually did it first with my gun.... it scared her, but then I tried it and was WOWED. We both spent the next few mags doing it.
Next time you shoot Ernie, pull the trigger and hold it, once the recoil has stopped, start to let the trigger out and listen for either a click or feel a thunk. That is as far as you need to let the trigger travel to let the sear reset.

And then hang on after that :-D

·
102,312 Posts
can this be practiced dry fire or only after a live round?
That's the best time to do it is dry firing. Not only will hear you the thunk, but you will feel it.

·
Registered
9,606 Posts
M&P has a very tight trigger re-set,,It takes lots of practice to master it if you are shooting against the clock.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts