Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Soooo, has Lynch been running this for a couple of years?
I think Tim has been using a calibrated thumb for years. However, it was Steve who contacted me to build these for the R2B2 cars.
Proline is a dealer for us, and stocks the Bump Boxes. Give them a call if you need one.

I'm sure Tim's Corvette will be "Bumping In" the next time you see it at the track.

·
8=======D ~~~~
2,911 Posts
if the unit is turned off or fails (not saying it will) does the transbrake just operate as normal?

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
I think Tim has been using a calibrated thumb for years. However, it was Steve who contacted me to build these for the R2B2 cars.
Proline is a dealer for us, and stocks the Bump Boxes. Give them a call if you need one.

I'm sure Tim's Corvette will be "Bumping In" the next time you see it at the track.
Thats a damn good calibrated thumb.

I was always scared to do that.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thats a damn good calibrated thumb.

I was always scared to do that.
I'm sure that I am opening a can of worms here, and I don't know much about the mechanics of the various types of trans brakes out there. However, most trans guys I have talked to say it should not be hard on the trans. The input shaft see a lot worse at the hit, or when all 35 lbs of boost come in!!

I do know, that with many dozens of units out there, no one has had any complaints.:D

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
if the unit is turned off or fails (not saying it will) does the transbrake just operate as normal?
If it is turned off, the brake will not engage.
If it fails, it is designed to fail "normal" so ther brake should work.

They can be bypassed by simply disconnecting the unit, and connecting the TB wire as they were, shoul take about 10 seconds on most cars.

So far, knock on wood, no one has had to do this.:D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts