Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody else have to put up with this non sense? I work for a pretty large company that is world wide. There are only two job sites out of 17 (ours and one in La ) that are still union sites..during our last contract negosiations they bullied the union by coming to the table with only one "first , best and last" offer. The hourly people lost seventh day double time pay, a week of vacation and our small safety incentive bonus....now today I have to go in an hour and a half early to sit theru a mandantory UW meeting where they HIGHLY ENCOURAQGE you to DIG DEEP and give the max amount to UW so that they can publish they are 100 % for the plant.
It's bullshit..buts what is really worse is the guys who take temp supervisior jobs ( still union) to see if they are interested in a mnagaement job because their "move up" is all on IF they play ball!
I plan on telling them to take that OT money that I WOULD have made on my double time days and giving it in my name..Phuck em I'm not a team player I guess!
Does anybody else have similiar tactics they put up with?

·
Registered
20,374 Posts
I give the same every year... a big ass ''0'' on the form. which is also what my raise has been for the last 3 years.... ''0''

·
slams revolving doors
3,856 Posts
It's push to give at my work place.
When they sent the man with one hand to push their agenda I knew that I would never give to them.

·
Registered
397 Posts
my company said it was mandatory and I said the united way was against my values and religion. they shutup real quick then. took pc and shoved it back at them.

·
El Diablo
12,395 Posts
Tell them if they want to look good, fucking donate with their own money. Tell all these fucking places asking you for a dollar at the cash register the same fucking thing, taking the tax credit with customer's and employee's fucking money, unreal.

·
Registered
27,956 Posts
Write United Way on a brown paper sack, and shit in it. Turn it in with the donations.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
I drop off Thanksgiving, XMAS food boxes, blankets and food to the animal shelter and drop a few bills into the DAV coffers and collect my carnation. That's pretty much it other than a few events on here.
Why? Because I know that what I am giving is going to help that local community org or person. These bleeding heart thieves steal more than they give. And no it does no make me a better person because that's no the point of donating.. donate because you can and because it's important to you.

So next time you donate - Donate local!

·
Satans Daddy
16,796 Posts
U work for a
:peeing union?
What you here pissin n moanin about,u brought this shit on yourself

Oh,and fuck United Way,there is nothing but a bunch of greedy fucks working there,There was a guy here that got busted with his hand in the cookiejar,all they did was have him resign his position,no criminal charges when he took 6+ digits from them over the years

Does anybody else have to put up with this non sense? I work for a pretty large company that is world wide. There are only two job sites out of 17 (ours and one in La ) that are still union sites..during our last contract negosiations they bullied the union by coming to the table with only one "first , best and last" offer. The hourly people lost seventh day double time pay, a week of vacation and our small safety incentive bonus....now today I have to go in an hour and a half early to sit theru a mandantory UW meeting where they HIGHLY ENCOURAQGE you to DIG DEEP and give the max amount to UW so that they can publish they are 100 % for the plant.
It's bullshit..buts what is really worse is the guys who take temp supervisior jobs ( still union) to see if they are interested in a mnagaement job because their "move up" is all on IF they play ball!
I plan on telling them to take that OT money that I WOULD have made on my double time days and giving it in my name..Phuck em I'm not a team player I guess!
Does anybody else have similiar tactics they put up with?

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
When I was young and worked for SEARS, they did the same thing - super hard push to donate - I said no - they said I was the only one in the whole store not to give - finally some dip shit that managed another department donated a buck in my name - fuckn brown noser

·
Registered
16 Posts
When I was young and worked for SEARS, they did the same thing - super hard push to donate - I said no - they said I was the only one in the whole store not to give - finally some dip shit that managed another department donated a buck in my name - fuckn brown noser

Ditto! Struggling along with our first child and working part-time while trying to complete school and provide for our small family...<$100/wk when the taxes were taken. Then the dragon-lady store manager drives it home that "everyone" would need to contribute. I didn't see a way to do so. Even my department manager pulled me aside to "warn me" that not complying with the dragon-lady's wishes, would most likely result in consequences.

20+ years later, I only go into Sears if they have a specific tool I want...otherwise, I avoid Sears like the plague. I've had all kinds of jobs in my younger life...working in all kinds of conditions that by today's standards, would be totally unacceptable. Even today's "undocumented aliens" are no longer expected to do such. But to this day, I still refer to my time at Sears as the absolute worst job I ever had.

Yep, we give, we donate, we adopt...all of that...and taught our children to do the same. But being expected or forced to comply with donating without a choice...piss off!!!

·
PROUD AMERICAN WORKER!
7,416 Posts
Write United Way on a brown paper sack, and shit in it. Turn it in with the donations.
Priceless. We should send this form of payment to the IRS for our taxes also...

·
Registered
465 Posts
I suspect that your problem is with HAVING to donate to UW. At my company it is also encouraged, but you are also allowed to pick SPECIFIC places for your money to go. I give and give generously, to groups listed under the United Way umbrella, but NEVER give to the United Way general fund for them to administer. All the money you donate specifically goes directly to the target organization.

Pick a group under the UW umbrella and donate directly to them. They benefit, you have the requirement, and met the corporate objective. Now YOU are in control.

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
DuPont???

1 - 20 of 63 Posts