Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all - sounds really stupid but I am looking at trying to get some wire in various colors so I can make an engine harness. Sure I could just get like 30 6' lengths of red or black wire but it will be a nightmare diagnosing any issues. I'd like to have separate colors.

Does anyone know of a kit that comes with like a ton of assorted colors (solid colors, striped colors..)? I can't find anything :(

Thanks

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
You can get all your basic colors from Terminal Supply, or Waytek. If you have an account with Terminal Supply, you can order your wire spools striped, i.e. red/blk, wht/blk, blue/blk, etc.

Pat

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Try Napa. They sell it in small spools.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Try a construction sight where they are installing an Elevator. The wire they use is top of the line and is not only colored different but each wire is also numbered, I have used it on many cars, if you run a bulk of wires through, at each end just look for the same number and your done, no testing to see if its the proper wire.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
why not just use a wiring harness out of a car? i do it all the time and it works like a charm. there is always someone willing to donate an old wiring harness they have laying around. also if you have the righ tools you can use many of the connectors as well.

·
Phuckstick
1,108 Posts
Try a construction sight where they are installing an Elevator. The wire they use is top of the line and is not only colored different but each wire is also numbered, I have used it on many cars, if you run a bulk of wires through, at each end just look for the same number and your done, no testing to see if its the proper wire.

so your saying go break into a job site and steal their wire? thats very considerate of you. lol

·
Registered
6,615 Posts
Hey all - sounds really stupid but I am looking at trying to get some wire in various colors so I can make an engine harness. Sure I could just get like 30 6' lengths of red or black wire but it will be a nightmare diagnosing any issues. I'd like to have separate colors.

Does anyone know of a kit that comes with like a ton of assorted colors (solid colors, striped colors..)? I can't find anything :(

Thanks
Call Darin at CIRCUITZ CUSTOM WIRING

909-203-2528 He carrys all of the waytek wire and will ship you any lengths you need.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts