Yellow Bullet Forums banner

341 - 360 of 364 Posts

·
Registered
11,729 Posts
It is currently about 3.25 acres, when full. I have another 1-1.5 additional acres planned, which will be fairly easy to make.

4.5-5.0 is my goal.

It is 13 foot deep in the bowl, which should be good enough for a major drought, around here. In these last couple years, we have been extra hot and extra dry, and at it's worst, it has been less than 5 foot low (or still had 8+ foot of water)
That's really nice, a good investment of your time and money.
Be sure you read the post above.:p:p:p:p have a good day.

·
Bovine Scatologist
17,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #343
That's really nice, a good investment of your time and money.
Be sure you read the post above.:p:p:p:p have a good day.
I'd be willing to put money on the fact that I could out fish you... ;)

·
Registered
11,729 Posts
I'd be willing to put money on the fact that I could out fish you... ;)
I would take all your money. I judge a good day of fishing by how much I enjoy being there...... the fish are just a bonus. There's no way you enjoy it anymore than I do.

Laying all bullshit aside....I do admire you for being smart enough(at a young age) to invest into something that you will enjoy the rest of your life. All I can do is...wish that I had done the same. Don't let that go to your head.:mad:

·
Bovine Scatologist
17,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #346
No, not really. No "changes" to the tank. It has been a dry, again. The tank is the lowest it has been, since it filled up.

The biggest bass I have caught out of it, so far, has been about 14" and about 1.5#

·
Bovine Scatologist
17,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #349
Dude with all the rain we've gotten please post some picks of the pond now.I'd love to see how its doing now.
These rains have done wonders for the water quality and clarity. It now has a nice, clear, dark color water.

The biggest fish I have caught so far was 3lb 4oz. The water was a bad, muddy, red color for almost 2 years, so I think that the fish would have been even larger, if they had good clear water for those 2 years. I stocked it in mid 2012, so it's been about 2-1/2 years.

I'll try and get some better pics.

This was after a big flooding rain, a few weeks ago.

Some regular pics of it full

that 3 pounder

·
Registered
45 Posts
Absolute cool build skosler. I read through it all just now. You have definitely created your own oasis. Glad to see you reaping the rewards of your hard work.

Have you had any luck duck hunting it yet? I'm not real familiar with Texas, so whereabouts are you generally speaking? I hunted the panhandle of Texas a few years ago. Had a blast killing ducks out of a tank and geese/cranes in the fields.

·
Bovine Scatologist
17,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #351
Central, TX.

We kill hundreds of ducks off of tanks each year. Last year I has a few on mine, but with this better, clearer water, it ought to be even better.

·
Registered
242 Posts
The one thread I always come back for. Nice to see it filled up skosler. Hope you get enough rain to keep it like this. :cool:

·
Bovine Scatologist
17,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #353
It was super wet and cool for the first half of Summer and now it is super dry and hot. Tank is about 4' low, but still doing well. Just today I was thinking about getting a dozer guy out to expand a couple places, LOL.

·
YB Hit man
3,367 Posts
Pond looks awesome. Have you done a study on it yet to see how the ecosystem is doing & what changes, if any, you need to do? What kind of baitfish have you put in? You will need some kind of larger high protein baitfish to grow a population of large bass. Bigger than 5 or 6lbers. I'd love to be able to do something like this myself. I like all the structure you left & put in. Should be a great fishery.

·
Long Live The King
100,039 Posts
Has this last storm dropped some more rain for you ?

·
Bovine Scatologist
17,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #357
I put in fathead minnows, shiner minnows, red ear perch, bluegill, channel cats and Florida hybrid largemouth.

Jon, we got like 11+ inches of rain. It filled and overflowed, halfway through.

·
Long Live The King
100,039 Posts
I put in fathead minnows, shiner minnows, red ear perch, bluegill, channel cats and Florida hybrid largemouth.

are you losing any of your stock in the over-flow ?

·
Bovine Scatologist
17,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #359
are you losing any of your stock in the over-flow ?
Maybe a little, especially some smaller fish, but the big ones tend to stay put.

·
Q(t)=ṁCpΔT
26,309 Posts

Think that diversity will work out?

Its sounding like Los Angeles :p

341 - 360 of 364 Posts