Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who’s got the best prices for an inexpensive AR? Got a friend with a cnc machine, so 80% lowers are good.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Do a search, the only problem is the prices have gone up. I have used American Made Tactical in a billet that was nice but they are out of stock right now.

·
Registered
915 Posts
Late to the party...everything is out of stock.

·
Registered
138 Posts
There is plenty out there if you want to build one yourself. Even if you want someone else to build you an upper, they’re out there. Forget the billet. Get a mil spec stripped lower from Anderson or PSA and assemble it yourself. Ammo is harder to come by, but again it’s out there.

·
Registered
6,181 Posts
Some of the higher end receiver sets are available. I am wrapping up a new AR build using the V seven 2055 enlightened receiver set. This is an Aluminum/Lithium alloy. Light and strong.
Brownells has the lower and Optics planet has the matching upper. Very high quality, priced accordingly.

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just ordered an AR Stoner 80% lower from Midway. $77 to my door, I’m good with that.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
77 bucks is not bad right now. There are quite a few receivers for sale on the Equipment-Exchange on AR15.com but most are not cheap.

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Seen the polymer80 lowers on sale at Midway, then found the aluminum Stoner. Decided to go metal this time

·
Meh Commander
13,072 Posts
Just take your time on the mill with it
First one I did went well ..... then I killed the second one by not having an end mill sticking out of the collet far enough
I preferred marking the part with the jig v cutting with the jig in place.

·
Gremlin Hunter
3,821 Posts

·
Registered
6,890 Posts
looking to build my first 450 bushmaster been looking and only thing I can find in stock is a pro2A tachtical kit with 10.5inch barrel, but I will keep looking. Good for the OP building his for the first time. I took so many apart in the army to clean and lube them I should be able to build a kit lol

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Been collecting parts. Guy at work does a lot of shooting competitions and is hooking me up with parts he’s “outgrown” or extras. Got a 16” .223 Wylde barrel, a 15” handgaurd, adjustable stock, and a couple gas tubes for $125. He’s got more parts for me tomorrow. Plus, my son in law has a pretty good hook up for 5.56 NATO ammo

1 - 16 of 16 Posts