Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to build a 632 bbc how are they as far as reliability with wet sump oiling just a bracket motor looking at 13.5-14 comp head hunter 395's or Rfd victor heads at most a 300hp shot just worried about the 4.75 stroke with wet sump

·
Registered
913 Posts
I have some going 6:40-6:50 in dragsters holding up great with thousands of passes. Buy a moroso pan and billet pump. Along with the correct shaft and you should be trouble free. I remember grinding on the pump a bit for counterweight clearance though.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Some say the Titan pump moves to much oil and has drain back issues looking to use the moroso billet pump my main consternation is with windage

·
Registered
4,791 Posts
Looking to build a 632 bbc how are they as far as reliability with wet sump oiling just a bracket motor looking at 13.5-14 comp head hunter 395's or Rfd victor heads at most a 300hp shot just worried about the 4.75 stroke with wet sump
I've had a bunch of stuff running like this, ... I would follow the advice
of some of my engine builder customers.

Talk to Mike or Charlie at Island Racing , .. http://islandracingvt.com
very experienced with this and good prices on parts.

Curtis

·
1,568 Posts
sure wish i would have done a 632

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sent you a PM
Wish I would have known about that sooner finally got my car in to JAB hot rod shop for some major upgrades in anticipation for this new motor so extra cash is a little short

·
Registered
4,393 Posts
Some say the Titan pump moves to much oil and has drain back issues looking to use the moroso billet pump my main consternation is with windage
Titan pumps do move a lot of oil. Drainback issues aren't with the pump however. Most of the time people have issues is because they don't take the time to address oil drain back. I have no issues with my setup....604" turning 8000+ rpm....

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Not looking for max effort just a good reliable bracket motor 1000-1200 hp with the occasional 400hp shot thru 2 kits a plate and a fogger just simple dart block Callie's crank and rods L19 bolts diamond pistons not sure o. The heads yet but will have T&d rockers would like to do it with a single 4 but a snipper tunnel ram with 2 4's may be needed

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Every titan pump we have used the damn screen would be in the bottom of the pan in no time plus most pans will not clear those big bricks? The moroso and the melling billet pumps both work good. You should have no problem with reliability as long as you use good parts.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I just built one. used the 20385 pan wilth the moroso billtet pump. Ive had drainback issues. Switched pump to the moroso plated?one & that helped some. Ive been switching off engine at finish & bearings have looked fine.f

·
Registered
769 Posts
Wish I would have known about that sooner finally got my car in to JAB hot rod shop for some major upgrades in anticipation for this new motor so extra cash is a little short
Johnny will do a good job, just got to make sure it gets done quickly. A lot of people know him and like to "swing by the shop" all the time. Good luck and keep us posted.

·
Registered
4,393 Posts
Do you even have your stuff together and running............

if so what's your et's and MPH your running, turning that 604" to 8000+ rpms......

Faster than your stuff.....that's all you need to know........

·
Registered
4,791 Posts
Really............. another shame less plug for your buddies.....

Let them come here and give advice.........

I'm curious, WHY NO PLUGS for Black ARROW......... He's Family and no mention of them.........................??????

Where is your tech at ????.......
Simple, .. an attempt to help the person the best way I know how, ..

·
Registered
9,889 Posts
1 - 20 of 26 Posts