Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve been searching threads and googling trying to look for a possible combination. I’m trying to put a street car together (GBODY). Currently looking at a blow thru ,F2 procharger, and a larger cube sbc. I want 1000 plus hp but still would like to play in the streets on Saturday nights if possible. Pretty sure I’m leaving something out so please take it easy on me
1.) What build suggestions do anyone have
2.) When is an intercooler needed
3.) 421, 427, 434???

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
I’ve been searching threads and googling trying to look for a possible combination. I’m trying to put a street car together (GBODY). Currently looking at a blow thru ,F2 procharger, and a larger cube sbc. I want 1000 plus hp but still would like to play in the streets on Saturday nights if possible. Pretty sure I’m leaving something out so please take it easy on me
1.) What build suggestions do anyone have
2.) When is an intercooler needed
3.) 421, 427, 434???
Lol I am building this exact thing right now in a gbody

Little m 400
AFR heads
Solid roller
Molnar rods

For a sbc I'd go F1A-94 over an F2

Reactions: Gbody79

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Lol I am building this exact thing right now in a gbody

Little m 400
AFR heads
Solid roller
Molnar rods

For a sbc I'd go F1A-94 over an F2
Any reason you are going with the F1A-94 over the F2? Would the F2 be overkill?

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Any reason you are going with the F1A-94 over the F2? Would the F2 be overkill?
Right now I am doing it with a D1sc because I already have it, but when I upgrade it will be to an F1A94. It'll make enough power for me and it is a much more efficient and newer design.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
The f1a-94 is a way newer design compared to the f2. More efficient impeller. Less heat produced etc.

the f2 certainly will move air. Its just an older design. Produces more heat etc. Make sure the internal bridge update is done if buying used.

the f1a-94 has been like 4.5x in ultra street it’s a proven animal of a blower.

·
Registered
123 Posts
If you have a standard deck height block (9.000"), stay with 3.750" stroke max (40*ci) so you can run a decent compression height/ring location on your pistons.
1000hp on a SBC 400ci will be extremely easy to achieve with the blowers you are looking at! There is numerous great blow-blow carb builders out there. My vote goes to APD, but bunch of other great ones: CSU, IRD, C&S, etc...
For blower, like said before, F1A-94 is a better more reliable blower than the F2 and will easily achieve your goals.
If you do decide to buy some used parts, do yourself a favor and buy a NEW carb since they will set it up for your combo and will remove a lot of headaches and will save you money in the long run.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Agree 100%. 400ci, any name brand 220+cc intake runner cylinder heads, 9-10:1 compression, single plane 4150 intake, f1a-94. 1000hp no sweat. Def would do aftermarket block. I’d even entertain the 3.750” stroke 5.85” rod to get a nice sturdy piston in there

·
Registered
3,876 Posts
If your buying a crank, a BB snout and a double keyway isn't a bad idea. Good 5.850 rod and you would be all set if you ever decide to upgrade your blower.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
If your buying a crank, a BB snout and a double keyway isn't a bad idea. Good 5.850 rod and you would be all set if you ever decide to upgrade your blower.
True but a BBC snout will at least double the price of the crank

·
Registered
634 Posts
id spend the money on the crank up front ive got a buddy that did not first pass out catastrophic failure and the motor had to come back apart. I went with a callies magnum with a bb snout no issues so far.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
These things are hard on the crank snout, do the snout upgrade if at all possible.....and unless you know who you are buying a used blower from I would buy a new one....

Very easy to buy a used one and end up with more in it than new would of cost up front, there can be issues with a lot of the used ones that will cost$$$. To fix.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts