Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 207 Posts

·
Disconnected
3,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are these cars still as desireable as they were in the past? Like in the 1990's they were a real big deal. Today, you can drop a Turbo on anything and make double what the GN puts down.

However, With the GN, you still have a rare factory car, Giant interior and a good aftermarket of go fast parts in 2011.

I am actually a GM/F-body guy over any other car. But with those cars built up they are loud and can't fit my baby seats in them.

I was just wondering if the GN still has the glow it had 10 years ago.

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
Ive had many TRs. The GN is always the ones everyone recognizes. This is just like any other car, it will be what you make of it. To answer your question , no they dont have the glow they did 10 years ago. But they are still bad ass cars. A low11 to 10.60 TR can be driven anywhere if you know what you are doing. They are comfortable, quiet with the right exhaust and 2 kids seats will easily fit.

·
Registered
7,465 Posts
Yes they do. I think and I am a ford guy. They will always be desired. Only made for a few years and look good and just a bad ass ride.

·
Registered
11,168 Posts
Still king of the road. I owned one for several years and I couldn't go anywhere without people asking me about it. I also had a 70 Chevelle SS396 that didn't garner as much attention.

·
Disconnected
3,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ive had many TRs. The GN is always the ones everyone recognizes. This is just like any other car, it will be what you make of it. To answer your question , no they dont have the glow they did 10 years ago. But they are still bad ass cars. A low11 to 10.60 TR can be driven anywhere if you know what you are doing. They are comfortable, quiet with the right exhaust and 2 kids seats will easily fit.

I have a White T that i'm building. It has a safe low 11 seconed combo and should definetely be in the 10's as long as I bring the trailer with me. lol :rolleyes: BB T-66, XFI, Ported Big valve heads, 212 cam, 65mm plenum and T-body 3400 stall built 200.

Can you post a picture of your car from the side with that wheel combo?

·
Registered
221 Posts
Have had a mid-11 combo in mine for almost 6 years now and is capable of 10's if I turn it up and install a cage. 70 series turbo, 224/224 roller cam, GN1 heads, FMIC, 83# injectors, ME-R system in it. I can drive it anywhere and sometimes do. Mine hides in the garage so the interior is still in "new" condition as is the paint and body. ALWAYS gets attention when I drive it.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
I've owned Mustang's all my life. I purchased an GN about 4 years ago. It's amazing how many people love these cars. I still think alot has to do with what condition the car is in and how it's built.

There's definitely a strong following for the GN. It make an awesome street cruiser and it not something that you see everyday.

·
Registered
6,300 Posts
One of the top 10 muscle cars of all time. So I would have to say,
yes it still glows..... :cool:

·
Señor Member
29,700 Posts
The worst parts of them are: OBD-I, crappy heads, and the G-body platform.

Having owned 4 turbo Buicks over the years, I love 'em, but I dont miss driving one every day. My turbocharged LS2 GTO makes a much better daily driver... For me, anyway.

·
SomeWhat Jaded
4,772 Posts
i had one with the moonroof in the mid 90s...for 3 years..had flowmasters, single dry fogger,griffin rad and a Digital6...car pulled better with the boost crankover the juice.i loved that car.wish i still had it.

yes they very much still have the glow....

·
Registered
6,502 Posts
I think it still has a little glow left. Have had a fleet of them over the years.. Have 4 left here. 2 hybrids and a GN and a Limited T . GN is my daughters summer beater. 9.9s @ 138 on pump gas an alky. Cars are really easy to make go an take a beating !! ;)

·
Registered
438 Posts
They may not be as popular as they once were since there aren't as many running around.They are still popular with the thieves though. Trying to decide what to do with my 86 T-type. It's been sitting for about ten years now.

·
Registered
597 Posts
I have a buddy that has an 1987 that was never titled. They own the Buick dealership and they took it off the delivery semi and parked it in the garage. Some big Gm Brass has been trying to buy it back for years now!!! If they sold it the warranty would start with the old 6yr/60k powertrain warranty!

·
Registered
83 Posts
This is mine, I have always loved the cars. I can hardly go anywhere without someone stopping me and wanting to talk about it, everyone looks at it when your driving, kinda weird.
I agree the electronics leave something to be desired, the stock suspension sucks, so we (speedtech performance) built all new suspension for the platform.

·
Registered
115 Posts
They are the same price now as the MSRP was 24 years ago if not more .

·
Registered
74 Posts
I'm a die-hard Ford guy. With that said, the Grand Nationals are one of my favorite cars.

·
Who Farted...?!?!
3,485 Posts
bad ass cars for sure!

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
This is mine, I have always loved the cars. I can hardly go anywhere without someone stopping me and wanting to talk about it, everyone looks at it when your driving, kinda weird.
I agree the electronics leave something to be desired, the stock suspension sucks, so we (speedtech performance) built all new suspension for the platform.

wow, love your take on the GN....looks awesome

·
www.ULTRA-CARBON.com
12,739 Posts

That's a sick looking GN dude. That's exactly how I imagine mine to look if I had one. Sick ride!!

·
Disconnected
3,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
My biggest deal is that I want a DRIVER. I have had the race car thing and it didn't work out well with the wife and 2 young children.

I needed a car with overdrive, quiet motor, 4 comfortable seats, and a truck for the strollers. How can you beat that?

1 - 20 of 207 Posts