Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
8,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
9,666 Posts
4th post.... Cant tell if its the picture angle or what..... But the alternator looks to be a smidge too far forward... Belt doesnt look parrallel to the motorplate....

·
Registered
8,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i think your right. havent gotten that far yet just wanted to make sure it was going to fit. kind of tight to the exhaust. i picked up a horizontal/vertical band saw and all i can sat is WOW. makes fitting pipe wayyyyyy easier

·
Registered
130 Posts
Build looks great!! Which bandsaw did you get? How do you like it? I have a craftsman vertical wood cutting bandsaw that i put a metal blade on. I cant slow it down enough to make it cut straight on flat stock, but it works great on tubing. Ive been thinking about getting something different.

·
Registered
8,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Build looks great!! Which bandsaw did you get? How do you like it? I have a craftsman vertical wood cutting bandsaw that i put a metal blade on. I cant slow it down enough to make it cut straight on flat stock, but it works great on tubing. Ive been thinking about getting something different.
its a shop fox w1715. it was 250 bucks plus i picked up a bi metal blade. i just made my motor plate tabs out of flat stock and it is perfectly square. almost to good now i see where things looked straight but really arent lol plus you cant beat setting it at a specific angle with tubing and cut it and it is a perfect fit up after you de-bur it . i tig weld everything i can and it makes that part nice.

http://www.woodstockint.com/3-4-HP-Metal-Cutting-Bandsaw/W1715/

i know its cheap and i looked for usa specific made stuff but 1500 bills is hard to justify for 1-2 turbo kits. i figured if i can get 2000 cuts with it its like $1.25 a cut. then buy a new one. i do expect it to last longer tho

·
Registered
8,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i do believe northern tool has a red version of it just a different name about the same money if there is one near you there wasnt for me

·
Registered
8,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
8,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
8,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
8,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
8,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Registered
8,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
anyone know how much tighter a -12 low profile fitting is vs a standard?? pass side is realllllllyyy tight to the motor plate/down pipe. probably going to have to weld some fittings onto the motor plate to save some extra space. either that or dimple in the down pipe for clearance.

·
Registered
8,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
started life as a comp engineering. then i cut the angles on them

1 - 20 of 2558 Posts