Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
I watched that car run at Stanton back then and while it wasn't quite et'ing with the T-Birds and Camaros it was up against, it was 8 MPH faster through the traps.

·
Eddie Haskell
7,850 Posts
They were running mechanical injection back then.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Is that the car that the seagull went through the windsheild?
I remember him telling me about it down at lingenfelters I thought it was a comp car though???

Brent
EPP

·
www.PelechBrosRacing.com
4,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i thought detwieler (sp) bought that car off him and ran it
I'm prettty sure it wasn't Ingersoll's Pro Stock Buick that Dutweiler purchased. I think it was John Galiana's SS/AX Buick; which was the same car that Jay Leno borrowed for the burnout contest against Tim Allen on 'The Tonight Show'.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I'm prettty sure it wasn't Ingersoll's Pro Stock Buick that Dutweiler purchased. I think it was John Galiana's SS/AX Buick; which was the same car that Jay Leno borrowed for the burnout contest against Tim Allen on 'The Tonight Show'.
Duttweiler didn't purchase anything. John Gallina sold off his old SS/DX Buick on Barrett Jackson auction and purchased this car which was originally Kenny Duttweiler's old Red Regal which had previously run 7.20's several years back. Kenny was of course helping them tune the car and Len Freeman from Performance Transmissions in LV was driving it when they ran the 6.97 @197mph at this past years Buick GSCA Nationals in Bowling Green KY.

BTW, the car is currently for sale~

http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=63967

·
Registered
613 Posts
buddy lives about 30 miles from me, he has some killer 49/50 mercurys now,he was working on the mopar nhra stock cars last year.

·
Outrunning the Big Blocks
3,270 Posts
Didnt the turbo bunch out of Tacoma,Seattle or
somewhere up there end up with Buddys Buick?

Anyone remember Buddys other turbo car?

The Pinto!

http://pintopage.fordpinto.com/buddy.htm

One of the 2 most factored cars in history.

·
Outrunning the Big Blocks
3,270 Posts
From the article,

Ingersoll said the two 204 mm units combined weighed less than the one he used in Rockingham the first go-round.

I knew they were large by huge but not this big.

·
Registered
708 Posts
i was there in nc...
didn't see anyone shaking in their boots.......
not at all.
and
Buddy's one quick pass was controversial......

1 - 20 of 81 Posts