Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
post the thread from FB
Theres a few threads on sloppy mechanics public page. Sounds like Scott Clark called Matt Happel a liar and a thief. Happel returned the favor by exposing Clarks friend Bewley as a liar. Evidently Bewleys employer did not like Bewley lying about spintron data (and probably other things). Memes ensued.

·
Registered
337 Posts
I read the whole 1200 posts / replies etc.. I have and always will stand by Matt and Jaimie.. The Sloppy Hopple way has always been the upfront and honest delivery. He says what he knows and will explain the situations at hand. The drama was because John B seems to always run his mouth and talk down about other products in order to sell his. (look around, you'll see.) He told Matt that his favorite cam didn't do well on the Spintronator and was basically a dog above 5500rpm and Mott called him out on it - asking for the proof / info. (which has not been shown). Matt also gave the LJMS stage 2 cam props in many instances, helping John sell more product.
BTR / Brian was just stating the fact that he wants his company represented honestly and was not going to stand for the bs, if there was any. I don't know if John actually worked for BTR, but he was a retail outlet for them and I think that is what he was referencing. (as any good vendor would do). You shouldn't have to put down a competitor to sell your product, it's bad juju.
The OG sloppy community is about having fun and hot rodding by thinking outside the box, figuring out what works and the best bang for the buck. With all the drama lately I wouldn't be surprised if Matt stepped back and at least shut down the public forum. He is almost single handedly responsible for the junkyard ls turbo bandwagon and giving all the info out for free on his wiki. Awesome guy / family. Yes, it's mostly FB drama, but it's also why people get out of this hobby and no longer support venders.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The realtooners crew also seems all bent out of shape because Snakeaterperformance (Happels favorite brand) is now listed in Holleys drop down data.

It seems the realtooners crew will do and say anything to protect their inner circle from competing products.

Dont get me started on the whole IEA thing.

·
Smuck
2,888 Posts
Yes, it's mostly FB drama, but it's also why people get out of this hobby and no longer support venders.
Someday all will see farcebook for what it really is.
I have never met more, losers, liars, meth heads, dirt bags and cry babies...

·
The Cuban
2,698 Posts
From my understand jon learned a lot from tooley & they’ve just been close, since they’re both bg guys. Ljms & btr are different companies

1 - 20 of 51 Posts