Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im runng a BS3 on an LS2 with a 24 tooth crank. When I hit the higher rpms the car starts to break up... I tried to search how exactly all the numbers in the setup field should look for my setup and show that some people use an external trigger on LS motors ?? WTH? Why would a stock cam and crank senors not be able to work ???

Crank reference degree : 50
Inductive Delay : 13

COP
Crank Reference : 360
Override cam Sync test : checked.

Can anyone take 5 min out of their day and explain those numbers to me ? I dont need a tutorial on BS3 or to be sold anything... just curious if those numbers are setup right.. how to tell if they are or are not. thanks ahead of time

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
I couldnt get it to work with the stock crank trigger. The cam crank advance would move over 15 and crossover and start breaking up. Look at the log and see what the cam crank advace is doing. On the crank reference number you need to put a timing light on the car and see what the actual timing is compaired to what is commanded. You then adjust that number to bring it in line.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
are there more options to see than whats on the right of the data log screen ? The spark advance on the screen looks like its going in the right direction under boost....

I did read that on the crank reference number about using a timing light to bring it from 350-360... something about locking in the timing on that screen and then revving to 2500 rpm ... but what is the crank reference degree number of 50 mean ? and is that number correct ?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts