Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everything has been working fine on my BS3 program up until two months ago. At some point it started having the following problem. When I go to file save or exit the program and click to save, the save box does not pop up asking me for a file name and where to save it. Also after the above problem happening, now half of the time when I click save it does not save my changes in the fuel and spark tables. I will save the file, close the program, and reopen it to see nothing was saved.

I have tried deleting the big comm and BS3 folders in my program files and downloading the zip file from the BS3 and reinstalling it, however, the same problem is still occurring. Any ideas?

·
Registered
9,523 Posts
I dont really know what to say. It seems like more of a windows issue than a BS3 deal but anything is possible. Does everything work right with other programs, such as MSD?

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Everything else works fine still. BS3 used to work fine but at some point stopped saving. If I change one sell in the fuel or timing map, save it, and then reopen it, it is not saved and has the old value. I guess I will just have to try borrowing another laptop for now.

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
This sounds funny. Where do you work and whos computer are you using. About the same time my work did a EDS laptop update and since then it will not work on my work computer either. I did the exact same things you listed above without any luck. It sounds like a computer security issue. Do you work for GM by any chance?

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I tried another laptop this afternoon. I downloaded the file from BS3's website and extracted it to the correct folder. I loaded the usb adapter software on the laptop. I plugged it up to the car and it now saves the files, however, there is a different problem with this laptop hooked up. When I open BS3 with this laptop, the BS3 dash acts like the car is running and moving and displays random values. It also shows all my tables filled out as 0.0 which is not true. Also "Replay pad was update!" pops up in a little window constantly until I exit the program.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Try disconnecting the BS3 box from the car battary for 15 minutes and then reconnect and try again. Mine was similar to that once also but I had 99.9 values across the board. Car started and ran fine but I could not make any changes.
The battery has been disconnected all week and I just now hooked it up to check the program.

Thanks for the suggestions and trying to help!

·
Registered
188 Posts
I can't stress how important a good charged battery is.

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
I can't stress how important a good charged battery is.
Don't want to hijack this thread but on my work computer I can not edit anything offline and save it to load later. It's not a car battery issue at least this part of the thread. The 0.0 is a different story. I used to be able to edit and make new programs offline and save them. Later I would get home and dump them into my box and reset default program and the car would be up and running a new program that I created while looking at replays offline.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts