Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
9,523 Posts
Thank you. Do you know if the racepak sensor works? :smt102
Yes it does. That is what I use on the Strange Ultra cases. Just make sure it is the 2 wire and not the 3 wire. Positive is at the point on the Racepak Sensor

·
Registered
650 Posts
Any pics yet? I've got the sensor and a RING w/ 2 magnets in it that I bought from FAST, but it's too big to fit on my 8.8 rear end yoke (mark williams 1350 8.8 yoke) and my powerglide yoke.

·
Registered
9,523 Posts
I am resarching what is needed for a magnet ring for a Moser 1350 on an 8.8.
You will have to fab up the sensor mount but for the collar we just use a Racepak one. I have them available in 2-4-8 magnet configurations. You will have to machine a slight part of the yoke and then fab up the bracket.

·
Registered
9,523 Posts
Joe,

for the bs3 do you need 2 or 4 magnets
It can be configured for either. You can also use 8 to get even more resolution.

·
That guy...
8,810 Posts
You will have to fab up the sensor mount but for the collar we just use a Racepak one. I have them available in 2-4-8 magnet configurations. You will have to machine a slight part of the yoke and then fab up the bracket.
What about for a 12 bolt?

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
What about for a 12 bolt?
You have to fab up a bracket for that also. I drilled and tapped the cast webbing on the 12 bolt to mount the bracket to. The bracket was just a piece of aluminum with a 90 degree bend and a hole drilled to accept the sensor.

·
That guy...
8,810 Posts
You have to fab up a bracket for that also. I drilled and tapped the cast webbing on the 12 bolt to mount the bracket to. The bracket was just a piece of aluminum with a 90 degree bend and a hole drilled to accept the sensor.
Sounds easy enough. Got a part number for the 8 magnet wheel?

·
Registered
9,523 Posts
Sounds easy enough. Got a part number for the 8 magnet wheel?
The 8 magnet collar is not available for all yoke sizes. Measure your yoke and let me know what size it is.

·
Registered
4,942 Posts
What do I need for my 9"? I bought the MW PN 57640 which was the pickup assembly for a standard pinion (1.875" or as I measured it 1.823" but it's tough under the car when it's not jacked up).

·
HeadCaseRacing
11,611 Posts
I bought the yoke from moser and the coller from Joe. Should have it in this weekend. It was the better way to go then to make something.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts