Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone running a bs3 with a strange ultracase , can you give me a part# to the driveshaft speed sensor .. i think i heard the sensor for the strange ultracase was different than lets say the moser or mark williams ... anyone know if this is true ??

·
Registered
9,523 Posts
anyone running a bs3 with a strange ultracase , can you give me a part# to the driveshaft speed sensor .. i think i heard the sensor for the strange ultracase was different than lets say the moser or mark williams ... anyone know if this is true ??
Depends on if you want to drill out the ultra case. Typically I use the MSD 8159 sensor, but it is 3/8". I also have customers use the Racepak V300 sensor, which is $88.

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Depends on if you want to drill out the ultra case. Typically I use the MSD 8159 sensor, but it is 3/8". I also have customers use the Racepak V300 sensor, which is $88.
what are my options if i dont want to drill out the ultra case ?? i was hoping there was something i could just bolt on and go ..

·
Registered
9,523 Posts
A Hall sensor will not work. The ideal thing is to drill the case for a 3/8" sensor.

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
A Hall sensor will not work. The ideal thing is to drill the case for a 3/8" sensor.
so in the picture above where the arrow is pointing to , i need to drill that out to 3/8's and get the msd 8159 and ill be all set ..

·
Registered
9,523 Posts
Correct.

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
anyone know where to get the magnetic ring that the msd sensor gets its pick up from ? also what gap is reccomended ?

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i drilled the case out and installed the msd 8159 sensor ..the problem is the top of the sensor bottoms out and doesnt let the bottom of the sensor go through the case ...its about flush with the case so i dont think i can set a gap with the ring ...ill have the magnetic ring tuesday so we'll see how far it is away from the pickup..

·
Registered
4,942 Posts

·
Registered
729 Posts
Anyone with a Strange ultra case and yoke #U1604.. I have a FAST #301436 not going to work.

Thanks!

·
Registered
729 Posts
May.. not sure my best option yet.. Do know I want more than 2 magnets

1 - 20 of 26 Posts