Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Reading arcticle on chassis builder,he stated he used Brutis welding rod for tig welding moly. Says it has 4 times strength of regular rod. Makes goldish weld which might be why it cost like gold. Also same stuff used to weld on space shuttle,probaly why its about $50 a pound. But if it makes chassis stronger might be worht it especaily if your ass inside chassis.

If you use or know about it let me know your thoughts on it.

·
Registered
7,489 Posts
sounds like SUPER-MISSILE as well they are maintenance rods used for joining dissimilar metals together , i have heard of them being used by off-road chassis builders , i doubt it,s a legal filler rod to be used in a drag racing application when working with Moly

·
Registered
677 Posts
Remember that mild steel rod (ER80S-2 I believe) is used because it is a bit flexible. There is a little give in the weld. Too hard of a weld, not enough ductility will allow for cracking in the joints.

·
TEAM CARB
45,227 Posts
sounds like SUPER-MISSILE as well they are maintenance rods used for joining dissimilar metals together , i have heard of them being used by off-road chassis builders , i doubt it,s a legal filler rod to be used in a drag racing application when working with Moly
LOL....thats what I thought of, too.

·
Registered
724 Posts
U don't want the hardest rod you can get it become brittle and likely to break that's the whole reason in using mild steel filler instead of chrome moly Filler

1 - 7 of 7 Posts