Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
white trash honky mofo
5,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i am driving my chevelle tonight and i pass a dui checkpoint (the checkpoint was actually in the opposing lane , 4 lane highway) about 500 yards down the road i notice what looks like crown vic headlights run up behind me. so i keep calm and mind my ps and qs and after following me for about 5 miles he lights me up,i didnt even pull over( seeing as i was in a left turn lane) and i didnt even put in park, he just walks up and asks for my license . well i hand him my id and insurance info and he doesnt run it, i ask why he pulled me over and he said a couple of small things.

first he said your car is bit on the loud side( i have 3 inch mandrel bent exhaust with flowmaster 40s turned down at the rear axle) and he didnt see any tread in the rear tires,(m/t et street 28x 11.50) he said ok and then he asked me how much i have in it and generally bullshiting. then he said have i nice night and left, this is odd because you never seem to get a cordial ohio state patrolman, most of the time they are dicks, and he never said anything about me not having my seatbelt on, i fighured he just wanted to look at the car.

antoter time my dad wanted me to give his girkfriend a ride in my car , so i did and after i got on it a few times a cop came around the corner and since i was out of the car and the car wasnt running i knew he couldnt really do anything, ell before he could even get out of the car i walked up to him and said i know why your here! after that he stood there and shot the shit with me about cars for an hour and a half!

what about you guys? any funny cop stories?

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
Years ago I had just dropped a 454 in my 69 camaro.I could'nt wait to put exhaust on it.Running open headers on the street.I was only a couple miles from my house and there was a cop.So he lit me up.After he writes me a ticket for no exhaust,he says man I love this car,would you sell it to me?I said hell no!

·
The X-Bomb
4,363 Posts
1st time ive heard of someone getting pulled over in Ohio and not getting a ticket.
naw they are not as bad as you think. Dont get me wrong, you have bad ones. If your cool and have nothing to worry about then they are usually pretty cool about stuff. We have one close to where we do the street thing and ive heard stories of him watching us race thru his rifle scope..lol

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
I have a 2002 WS6 that is built pretty radical, I usually do not drive it because it only has 30k on it...

Last week I decided to drive it to work since I have not driven it in a few weeks. After driving it for a few minutes I decided it was time to knock the dust off the valves and let her eat. I ran it up to about 80 (55MPH Speed limit) since it was late in the evening and no one was really out(This car is very loud, Corscia exhaust). A few minutes tater a Sheriff pull beside me and rolls down his windows, I stop at the next red light and he is staying at my back 1/4 panel and my car is camming really hard. The light turns green and I try to take off slow but a stalled auto is not the best for being quiet when taking off. He ran beside me for about 10 miles and every red light we stopped at he would stop at my 1/4 panel. I knew he was going to end up pulling me over. When I turned on my trun siginal he pulled next to me and singled for me to roll down my window. When I did he told me he loved the way my car sounded and could follow it all night... I knew I was getting a ticked for something but he was pretty cool about it.

I noticed his sitting on the side of the road a few times for the past 2 weeks. I decided to drive my car but he was not there tonight...

Here is a Idle clip

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecMYXSfvsTo

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
I have a 2002 WS6 that is built pretty radical, I usually do not drive it because it only has 30k on it...

Last week I decided to drive it to work since I have not driven it in a few weeks. After driving it for a few minutes I decided it was time to knock the dust off the valves and let her eat. I ran it up to about 80 (55MPH Speed limit) since it was late in the evening and no one was really out(This car is very loud, Corscia exhaust). A few minutes tater a Sheriff pull beside me and rolls down his windows, I stop at the next red light and he is staying at my back 1/4 panel and my car is camming really hard. The light turns green and I try to take off slow but a stalled auto is not the best for being quiet when taking off. He ran beside me for about 10 miles and every red light we stopped at he would stop at my 1/4 panel. I knew he was going to end up pulling me over. When I turned on my trun siginal he pulled next to me and singled for me to roll down my window. When I did he told me he loved the way my car sounded and could follow it all night... I knew I was getting a ticked for something but he was pretty cool about it.

I noticed his sitting on the side of the road a few times for the past 2 weeks. I decided to drive my car but he was not there tonight...

Here is a Idle clip

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecMYXSfvsTo

Car sounds wicked........did he end up giving you a ticket? For what?

·
Registered
368 Posts
Few years back im going to get breakfast in my truck. I pull up to a stoplight known for taking 5yrs to change green, I sit and wait... and wait... and wait. I think to myself, SCREW THIS! I'm outta here. So I look in the rearview and then a general scan of the area, no cops that I can see (there's the kicker) so I get on it a bit while moving out of the turn lane. This little move had the ass end of the truck hanging out into the other lane for half a block or so, there was no other cars around so I figured WTH and just rode it out :). What I don't realize yet is the second I pulled out into the lane, the sheriff had just come over the hill behind me! I get to the next intersection and make my turn when I hear "it", I look in the rear view and see all the pretty lights. I figure im screwed at this point, I know he saw me or at least heard it. I pull over, left the truck running and watched the sheriff and his deputy sitting in their car, but they aren't getting out they are just talking amongst themselves for what seemed like years to me. When the sheriff opened his door I noticed his window was down, it hit me... they were listening to the truck.

He says "Sir do you know why I pulled you over", YEP for being a dumbass? He laughs "well that's not a violation but it might be true". This guy was a very cool, we chatted about the truck for a bit and he sent me on my way. I could see them lean out the window to hear me pull away. Just glad they were both gearheads!!!! saved my bacon that day.... .

·
Registered
948 Posts
cop shows up at the house saying we've been racing the race car up and down the street. open the garage to show him the car and it doesn't have an engine in it. he kind of felt stupid after that.

·
Tire Waster
7,086 Posts
Finished up a cam swap and decided to take the car out and romp it. Picked up my friend and we were on this 2 lane highway outside of SLO California. It was a 4-speed '72 RS/SS Camaro and launched it hard when the light went green. As I passed through the intersection my buddy spotted a cop heading for his redlight. Too late I told him, may as well finish the run. I rowed through the gears and got up to about 120mph (in a 55) when I came up on a car so slowed down to the speed limit. The cop finally caught up and of course hit me with the lights. He came up to the car looking pissed but I had my story ready about just finishing the car. I popped the hood and showed him how clean the motor was and told him it was a long way to Bakersfield just to test it. He agreed and let me go! I got back in the car and my buddy could not believe I got out of that ticket.

·
Registered
1,943 Posts

^thats her in the back lol

Right out in frount of my buddys shop. I came by and let it eat, not knowing there was some popos across the steet in the gheto. turned around and they were all over me. pulled me over hands on guns feaking the fuck out! I asked them how they were going to handel a real situation. because they going off the deep end. Any who car got a tow down town lucky me the guy that owns the tow company lives next door to me and my buddy i rent a room to is a fire fighter. 30 min laters she was out and driving to hooters!

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
I work afternoons, so am driving home at 11 pm, more than once I've been pulled over for crossing the center line. The last time I got stopped the cop asked me where I was comming from, I told him work, he then asked if I was tired because I crossed the center line. I told him He got so close to my rear bumper that he took the air off my rear spoiler and I got a little loose.
He smiled, and said have a good night.

·
Registered
9,441 Posts
I had a Malibu before with a 468 , 13-1 with 3.5 flowmaster race mufflers, It was loud as hell. I had a local cop flip on his light and pull me into a store. He didn't even get out he just circled around and asked if it had a big block, I said yes and he said" it sounded like a big block, I like it and drove away.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
cop shows up at the house saying we've been racing the race car up and down the street. open the garage to show him the car and it doesn't have an engine in it. he kind of felt stupid after that.
Had one kinda like that only he wanted to see if the engine sitting beside it was warm, it wasn't, been out of the car for two days.

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
My only trip through Ohio was full of cops and they were ticketing anyone over 56 MPH. As soon as I went into Pennsylvania everyone went 90 MPH all the way to Jersey! Like two totally different worlds. Ohio was flat and full of cops writing tickets and Pennsylvania was pretty with lots of trees and hills and no cops!

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
I dodged a ticket a few weeks ago...was heading to my sisters house right on the edge of town, when I got to the last stop sign before it's open road to her place I eased through then at about 40 mph rolled into it hard just playing. With ~1600 ft lbs of torque that just equals blowing the tires off so I rode it out till about 70 with the ass hanging out then let off and her driveway was right there, pulled in and was just opening the door when the cop car passed her house wide open with lights on and siren blaring. Her and her husband were outside and had heard me coming....I got the usual head shake and you're a dumbass look....but I didn't get a ticket. lol

·
Registered
660 Posts
About 10 years ago, I was giving a guy a ride in the Camaro. It has a blown small block with a 4 speed. I left a stop light, and started going up a small hill and I was on the throttle, as 3 cops were just cresting the hill coming down. I just pulled over and waited, and 2 of them pulled up behind me. I got a very stern warning, but they didn't get me on radar and no ticket.
Another time me and a buddy were driving down 1-70 through Utah going to Vegas. We were in his LT1 camaro and we were coming down a hill at over 100. A cop is just turning into the median as we go by, but again he doesn't get us on radar so no ticket.
Brian

·
YB Managing Editor
51,141 Posts
just a warning :)
LMAO!!!! That's awesome..

I have been pulled over a few times and have got the feeling the cops were just checking me and the car out.. I'm OK with it because I hope if they see someone else driving it they'll shoot them. :smt081

1 - 20 of 42 Posts